I flew up to Seattle for two days to celebrate my best cousins wedding (I have a hard time calling one of my cousins my best or favorite b/c my cousins are like my siblings. I am just as close with them and share so much in common with them).
I spent my whole childhood with Helen. Every summer when I spent three months with my dad I shared half (or more) of that time with Helen. We played Barbies, screamed the names of our boy crushes while jumping on her trampoline, ice skated on the pond by her house, put together plays, rode horses (darn Rusty would always buck us off!), slid down slide rock by the Evans', loitered at the AM/PM, watched Teen Witch 9 dozen times, flipped through Bride's magazines dreaming about our weddings, wearing matching shirts, singing Enrique in her white VW rabbit ("Rabbie"), sharing secrets, heartaches, dreams...
I stole these stunning photos from my cousin Emily's blog. She took the pics herself. And she was worried that she didn't get any good shots?! Hellllooo?!
Gosh, these two are darling.
Me fixing Helen's veil.
Helen is 5'10 and Samuel is 6'5!
Can you imagine the children these two are going to produce?!
Athletes for sure! :)
Can you imagine the children these two are going to produce?!
Athletes for sure! :)
She had her bridesmaids wear a black dress of their choosing and then we each wore different colored heels.
I wore yellow :)
Me and my cousin Rebecca.
Me and my Helen :)
My beautiful Mama.
Helen watched all of us get married before her. She attended the bridal showers, receptions, and baby showers that quickly followed until finally, FINALLY it was her turn to be the bride. And what a STUNNING bride she was. Wow. She was absolutely radiant and the way Samuel looked at her said it all for me. I'm crying writing this just like I sobbed through the entire wedding ceremony. I really did. Her brother Braxton sang while Helen's dad and brother walked her down the isle and I could not hold my emotions back. It was a spirit filled, joyous occasion. I am THRILLED for her and Samuel.
Congratulations Hellie! I LOVE you SO! :)










6 comments:
She is GORGEOUS... how did everyone in your family get the beauty genes???
Awww, thanks Kim :)
She AND you both look beautiful! I'm really excited for her. I just wish she lived closer so she could cut my hair . . .
WOW. WOWSA. Stunning. All of you...attractive people everywhere!
Ok, she is so beautiful! What a fun wedding! :)
Gee, I didn't know I was that hot. Not bad for an old woman. Love you
Post a Comment