Monday, August 6, 2012

2nd Grade


James is a full fledged SECOND grader?!
I had my traditional cry fest last 
night and Brandon said,
"Wow, Babe. This is hard for you 
every year isn't it?!"
Yep, it is.
I really, really like having my babies 
right by my side.
The letting go is hard every single year.



 Here he is with Mrs. Sander.
She is a sweetheart. I'm SO glad he is in her class.
On meet the teacher night she had these darling popcorn pouches with a label that said,
"James, Thanks for 'popping' in!"
She also had back to school confetti all packaged in a darling way with instructions about leaving the confetti under your pillow the night before school.
SO cute.

 Sleepy eyed Max in his pjs wishing James a happy first day.
I had to wake the poor guy up minutes before we left out the door.


Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!




For a little Monday morning laugh...

James:  "Mom, when can I get my own Facebook?"  
Max: "Mom, does Jesus poop and pee?"







9 comments:

Fawn Becker said...

Oh Joanie, our kids are growing up WAY too fast. Remember when little Kali and James were so small and we would go to the beach pool? Time flies when you're a Mommy.

Rachel Haack said...

laughing out loud right now. oh my gosh...DOES JESUS PEE AND POO?!!!!! The eternal mystery.

thebusbyfamily said...

classic tommy boy line. i love it . . . & your boys

Joan said...

My darling James, first second grade and then football. Next he will be in high school! I love my boy.

Emily Anne said...

Such a big, handsome boy!!
And I hear ya on the letting go -- it's terrible!

Sounds like he'll have a great year though with such a cute teacher.

Miss you guys!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Oh man... I cried every year. Love those boys!

K said...

You know, James is just a special boy - he thinks about everything, really ponders it. What a precious, beautifully precious boy. No wonder it breaks your heart when he leaves :)

eyre blog said...

I love this James too.

Mrs. Cropper said...

1. Thanks for the Tommy Boy quote. I died laughing and love you for that.
2. What does it say about me that I never cry? I'm like "Welp, see ya later, Blaine!" hmmm...