Thursday, October 17, 2013

{six}


My little Max is SIX years old today! 
I vividly remember the day he was born. His birth was a dramatic and memorable one! In the midst of it all one thing remained constant: I was totally at peace. I never felt an ounce of fear or uncertainty.
 Brandon and my Mom would not be able to say the same but I know I was guarded by angels that day. Max has been a challenge at times but more often than not he has been an affectionate, tender, wise little soul. I am honored to be his Mother!

In the Koplin home the children are given a choice: they can choose a party with friends or $100. This year Max chose the money and so we are just having a dinner out and a cookie cake (of which I will not be enjoying thanks to my glucose issues--darn it).

Here are a few photos from this morning:

 Max opening his card after the gift. 
Classic.

 
 James reading if for him 
while I ask James to let Max read it.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON! 
We LOVE you!






3 comments:

Kate said...

Love all the bedheadedness! And six! Wish he and Charlie could be friends :) And genius idea about the party thing. I'd rather give my kids $100 then throw a party! I have party anxiety! The cake totally won't even be that good...

thebusbyfamily said...

I love their sleepy faces!

I also love how you said "I was guarded by angels that day" because I know now exactly what you mean after my experience with Rye.

Hope Max-o had a good day!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love that boy. He remind me so much of Brandon. Especially after the last month of uploading hours upon hours of Brandon as a boy. Happy, happy birthday Max! Aunt Kim LOVES you!