I thought it would be appropriate to address the rumor that has seeped into the blogosphere (a rumor that causes my Mother to cuss like a drunken sailor--you think I'm kidding). Are we moving to Utah, you ask? At this point it is a matter of "when" not "if." The when is looking to be in the +/- 3 to 6 month range.
Brandon has a job offer with a venture capitalist firm in Orem where he would be working as their property acquisitions manager. Essentially, he would be working his dream job (really, truly) and with honest, good people who treat him very well.
The last eight months have been financially frustrating for our family and this opportunity is a sweet blessing.
All women married to men with commission based jobs or who own their own business know the roller coaster of emotions and financial ups and downs of life. Hey, even women married to men with "stable" jobs have to deal with ups and downs, I suppose. 'Tis life.
I would be remiss to not give a warm and very hearty thank you to my friend Emily for my new and much loved blog header. Thank you for sharing your talents with me!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
The Rumor
Posted by Joan at 8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
i don't like this post. i too will cuss like a sailor if you continue talk such nonsense!
tell brandon to put on his big girl panties and start demanding the big $$$$ so you can stay here. . . with me :)
My white shorts are hardly panties. But I am glad to see that someone is sad to see us go. Usually people just cheer "Horray they're leaving" when we go. This will be 7 moves in 4 years. I hate moving.
Congrats on the exciting news! A venture capital firm..that's a big time job! Wahoo!! Brandon is such a smarty pants.
Well, I'm sad that you're leaving Phoenix, b/c I'll have one less friend to see when I go there. BUT I think I'll see you more now that you'll live in Utah - so that's great news!! (At least for me, I don't want to be pretentious and speak for you...)
Well I am excited that we get you here in Utah! What firm is Brandon working for? I bet Trav knows them...he works with a lot of those guys who do that sort of thing. You new header is darling...it looks like you!
btw...i like the new look
Love the new blog look! And LOVE that you are moving to Utah....yea for baby sitting trades, camp outs, swimming parties, and late night girl talk....(and the boys who join in....)....We love you and are so, so excited to be close....
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new look!!!!
:)
I am super excited for you, and super sad that you won't be nearby. This is why I now keep begging Bill to find a job in UT and buy a house right across the street from wherever you live:)You'll have a basement right? Maybe we could just live there?
Oh, that Emily is a talented one! And she's nice too! Your header looks lovely! Isn't she great? And from the sounds of it, those of us here in UT are pretty lucky to be getting you! And sounds like a sweet job for your hubby. Smarty pants indeed! Just good luck with the moving part, that is the WORST! I'll offer you my really strong muscles, or better yet, my babysitting skills if you need them when you are moving in your goods.
(and isn't Max a chub?)
Joan,
I had to wait a week for your comment. Thankfully it was very sweet and wonderful as usual. I guess what I am saying is....you are forgiven. As for a comment on your blog.....well, the cat was already out of the bag on the move and I am suitably elated about the now old news.
When it comes to people on commission and those who work for themselves, I happen to be in both positions. I have now waited nearly two months for my latest royalty check which I could desperately use. I am knee deep in a $15,000.00 expansion at Vitality and getting geared up to pay a bunch in taxes and buy new inventory to fill the new space in addition to a few grand in fixtures. Thankfully sales are up like 20% in June so far (that is huge for June in a good economy, amazing in a bad one). The ups and downs are brutal and Kimberlee is still getting used to it as we try to spend with the ebbs and flows.
Now, as for Brandon's comment ....hmmm, I would miss you if you left, I think...we will see when 6 months from now you decide to move somewhere else.
One more thing, I am so tired that my wit is lacking very badly. I really can't help but NOT be funny. Good news is I can tell Brandon that if this really is his dream job, he is extremely fortunate, I have been living my dream job for most of my life and loving what you do and who you do it for(in my case it is my customers) is a huge blessing and makes each day so incredibly enjoyable at work.
So with all of that, I will depart from your blog and go enjoy my new toy Kim bought me for Father's day. Bye now
I am so sad :( We barely got together and we lived in the same state! But I am super excited for a more stable life for you guys :) Not having a set income is much harder to work with and now you'll have benefits! Yeah!!!!
Joan! I am so excited, will we FINALLY get to meet? Maybe even go see Twilight if you are here in time!? Sounds like you will be deeply missed. Utah is great, I love it here, I have my moments when its drives me crazy but there is so much to do here and it is so beautiful. But-you know cause I think you lived here-it's where you met Brand, right? Anyhoo, I can't wait until you come out, that is so exciting. Max and Christian can be friends!
As for the job front I COMPLETELY know what you mean. Thomas just started a commision based job and we will see how it goes, it makes me a little nervous but its a good deal, we will see how it goes. Congrats on your dream job Brandon! How exciting for ya'll!
Well congrats to Brandon! Most people never have a job they love...good for him! And, I hope we can see you guys before you move....I am going to have to have another party before then :)
Hey! this is mandee-- an old friend of brandon's....i should probably tell you that i check your blog too to see fun pics of your adorably family!! so we're even! LOL!
how fun that you're moving to utah-or maybe not, depending on how you look at it! Ha!
tell b i said hey--and comment anytime you want! :)
BTW- your boys are so cute! Good luck with the move!
So first you don't post for weeks and I think that you die in a tragic accident. Now this!? Are you kidding me? I thought the Utah thing was just a RUMOR. You know, like when people thought that you were going to U of A and you were only 15. The kind of rumor that we can keep bringing up to embarrass you for years to come. But now you are confirming that you are moving? Ouch. It's painful. I guess that we had better have you guys over for dinner again before you go!! And I promise, that whole Tempe/Tuscon story will NOT come up again after this. EVER!! :)
Congratulations to you guys! I know you'll be missed, but that really is exciting. Your blog is looking lovely.
yay!!!
So
A) missed you ridiculously on Saturday
B) am definitely one of those people who will miss you when you move away - even though I do not get to see you hardly at all as much as I'd like
C) am uber excited that I get to see you THIS Saturday!
D) Love You.
--mimi
Post a Comment