Friday, June 13, 2008

My Sister...


Happy Birthday, NIK!
You are probably wondering who this hot little teenager is? It's my OLDER sister, Nikki...she is 38 today! According to my Mom 38 is the best age...as in she has claimed this age for almost twenty years now (sorry to disclose your true age, Mom). So this year is sure to be memorable for you, sis.
I love you, look up to you, and hope that you know what a treasured friend you are to me. Happy Birthday to you!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow... I haven't seen Nikki in pictures OR in person in a LONG time. I'm sure I met her in person like 20 years ago or something. Oh man, that makes me sound really old. She is SO beautiful and has such a nice voice. And you two look a lot alike.

Rachel Haack said...

Joan! I missed commenting on "The Rumor" post. Although I feel for your mother, I am totally SO excited that we can come visit! Jacob should be at the Y this fall, so we'll be sure to get over there at least once and catch up! Hip hip hooooray! We can begin Lily and Jame's long destined love affair now!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!! The whole Hansen clan still misses all of you Tanners!
In fact, I drove past your old house the other day on an errand, and totally had a little pang of sadness thinking, "I wish the Tanners still lived there."

Adios!

Rae

sara said...

Wow, same to what Kate said - I remember her vaguely from forever ago; you two do look a lot alike! And man, I have some serious work to if I want to look like that when I'm 38! Sisters are great aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I slack on the blog scene for a little bit & come back & you're moving to UT!!!!???? WHAT!? How are we supposed to come visit you in AZ if you're in UT? I guess with a dream job you have to go where it's at, but couldn't you have at least looked into Stl a bit 1st. We could use some more fun neighbors in our little club. In fact our next door neighbor's house is going up on the market... tempting, aye!?
Okay & your 38 year old sister is HOT! Nice! If that's what 38 looks like, bring it on baby!
p.s. I really enjoyed the books, but I officially hate Bella.

Jared St. Clair said...

Ummmmm, she is hot.....but don't hot people already know they are hot? Hey, I guess I am asking the right person. So, Joan, do hot people know how hot they are? Anyway, I will stop here, since I am married to your sister in law (also very hot). Besides, Nikki was at one time going to become a customer of mine, so I better not talk anymore about how hot she is. We need more hot customers...it is good for the Vitality Image. Hey, you think she looks so good at 38 because she takes a lot of supplements? Nah....must just be coincidence.

disclaimer: Vitality Nutrition supplements are not guaranteed to make you hot. If they were, I would be the hottest man alive. For those of you who have never seen me.....I am definately not the hottest man alive. Brandon is..right Joan? Back to the disclaimer...Vitality supplements do not have power over your genes, however those of you who are already hot can rest assured that they will help keep you that way for years to come. For the rest of us...they will only help you to feel better about how average looking you might be. While they nourish your semi attractive body, they will not make it super attractive. However, they do have the power to help you achieve your maximum level of heat, however luke warm that may be.

disclaimer to the disclaimer: The previous disclaimer was written by a reasonably attractive but far from hot man while he was eating what was left of a half gallon of ice cream at 1:00 AM thereby insuring that his level of hotness will still be well within the below maximum range. His love handles on the other hand will live to see another day).

If I read this again later tomorrow and realize how stupid it is....can I delete it? See ya soon Joan.