
As some of you know, I am writing a young adult novel and have been since the UVU children's literature forum I attended in March. One of Shannon Hale's tips for becoming a successful writer is to write/type 500 words per day.
"P-hah!" I thought to myself, "Five hundred words is nothing. I'm all over it!"
Well, I have since eaten those words...but have stuck to my goal (for the most part) and just reached the fifty page milestone of my book! Can you believe it? Fifty pages?! Even for a long winded little lady like myself that is a feat!
Feel free to share a joy-filled/proud moment with me. Please, do tell. I want to celebrate with you :)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Shameless Self Promotion
Posted by Joan at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Good for you! 50 pages is a lot of writing so far! Can't wait to read it when you get it published!
Wahooo! Way to go :) Let me tell you that is quite a feat with two little rascals around you in and of itself!
I, too can't wait to read the final product!
Wow... you know everyone talks about writing a book, but actually writing it and getting so far is a marvelous accomplishment! Keep going!
You did it! You did it! Oh ya, ya, ya. Joan is writing here tonight! Whew! Writing here tonight! Oh oh oh writing here tonight!
Hip hip hooray Joanie!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo
Congrats, i cant wait to read it too. Also to tell people I know her, when your famous
I am so thrilled for you (and let's be honest for all of us who get to read it when it's done) and how can I be surprised? You are Joan and you just do amazing things like this. that's all there is to it. Joan=amazing!!
I'm getting ready to run a 5K (yes that really is only 3 miles) for Race for the Cure against breast cancer & this is huge for me since I am NOT a runner. I've been running more than I ever have in my entire life.
And congrats on 50 pages!!
Umm....I have four kids, does that count? I survive a National Dance Competition, yet again this year...and didn't strangle my girls! I am really excited for you...I have dreamed of writing a book since I started writing in seventh grade. I keep thinking, what the heck should I write about. I'm hoping your enthusiasm and strong will will influence me!
I just weeded my entire back-yard and hauled 17 cubic yards of various forms of dirt for landscaping. Boo yah.
:)
I'm excited for your book! Send me more, more more!!!
Rae
Ps. Oops, I realize I didn't write you back now that I mention that. I'm on it.
good job joan! that is so cool. i will def buy your book when the time comes :)
Joan!! So awesome!!! Congrats! What a great accomplishment and something you should totally be sooo proud of. I love reading your writing so I can hardly wait to someday read your book! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment