Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sweet Rejection

You might remember when I sent my book submission in the mail on the first of September. I called Ms. Ranger (editor at Hyperion-Disney) the first of this month as a follow up but heard nothing. Until...

I opened the mail box to find this:


{RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED} on the envelope?!?! SHUT UP!


Oh, no my friends...no such luck.
It's cruelty to send a rejection letter (a FORM LETTER no less) with "return service requested" on the envelope! HEELLLoooOO?

It's a darn good thing I'm persistent and don't take "NO" for an answer...ever.

Hyperion-Disney may not want me...but someone out there will. Worst case scenario I can self publish which I've considered as well.
PS: my Mom just told me what "return service requested" means. NOT what I thought.

3 comments:

K said...

I totally just tried to call you-- is it odd that my cheeks are flushed and I can feel my temper rising? argh. love you.

Rachel Haack said...

JOOOANIE!
THOSE bast....nevermind.

Anyways...it WILL happen.
And I'm so glad to hear you're not letting it beat you, that is SO you, what I love about you, and why you ultimately will always accomplish what you set out to do.

You go girl. Seriously.

:)

thebusbyfamily said...

you are a rock star for even sending it in! something will work out for you!