Thursday, November 12, 2009

NUTS!

Brandon ordered the Martha Stewart Living magazine for me as an early birthday present and I recently received my November issue (yeah, a bit late, I'd say). I flipped through and noticed this:


Hmmm, a wreath made of nuts?! I have some nuts in my cupboard...that looks easy enough! So, while I was making breakfast burritos for dinner tonight, I multi-tasked and made Martha's nut wreath.
Let's just say I don't like mine nearly as much and even debated throwing it away altogether. Is it the lighting or my ugly security door that ruins the fresh, autumn, harvest wreath effect? Maybe I need the nutmeg silk bow at the bottom to liven mine up? It doesn't help that I made mine fat and squatty looking compared to hers.
I can always count on Martha to make me look bad. Gosh, it's gotta be the lighting?!


Yuck, I can't even believe I'm posting this craft disaster?!

6 comments:

LilMisfit said...

Are you kidding me? Yours looks FANTASTIC! I totally like your choice of ribbon better than Martha's! I am totally impressed. You just had all those nuts sitting around? Wow. Good work, Miss Crafty Queen!

JoEllen said...

It looks super cute! And, what are you saying about me always looking put together....puleaze! I thought you looked smashing at Story Time =)

sara said...

No way! I think yours looks great!! Hers looks to skinny by comparison. I love it.

Sie said...

Hey, I think it turned out pretty great! Good for you for being creative! Perhaps I'll go find some nuts...

Olivia Carter said...

Oh no, yours is SO CUTE. You're making me want to make one- it's adorable! I sure like that Martha Stewart Magazine.

P.S. I'm so with you on loving commenters and that commenters are instant blog friends!

K said...

I love you for tackling this! It's beautiful!