
Story #1: I have a terrible cough. It's the tickley kind that causes perpetual coughing fits. No es bueno.
I was laying in a hot bath yesterday before church (husband's orders--he thinks a steamy tub is the cure-all). James and Max came bounding up the stairs, opened the bathroom door, and anxiously asked if they could join me. I responded, "No, boys. Mommy needs her privacy, please." James replied, while looking directly at my, for the sake of avoiding the v-word, 'private,' "But Mom! I'm not looking at your wiener!"
I further went on to explain the anatomically correct terms attributed to the male and female parts...and we ended our discussion on a happy note.
Story #2: Max had the raunchiest poopy diaper I have ever smelled...and that is saying a whole heck of a lot b/c that kid can produce some vile smelling feces. He really takes it to a whole new level of stink. Brandon, being the saintly Dad he is, volunteered himself to conquer the beast and began changing Max's diaper. While B was in the middle of the mess, James called out, "Dad, will you come here, please!" Brandon's response, "Just a minute, James. There's a dead animal in your brother's pants!"
I gotta tell ya, despite what some of you may think...I am living the good life :)

6 comments:
Hilarious! I think you really lucked out with B! :) and those oh, so funny but maybe sometimes stinky children :)
I don't know about you, but I woke up this morning and thought, "Yes, this is the week for New Moon :)
Funny, an you do have a good hubby.
PS. I love your wreath. I think it looks darling.
LOVE it! Motherhood and fatherhood are the best!
I am laughing out loud:) I can imagine all of your fam's voices echoing through your house... I can literally hear Jimmie's voice in my head. Oh, how I miss you all--stinky diapers too:)
SO FUNNY! Seriously I'm laughing OUT loud because it's just SO terribly true!
My husband also thinks a steamy bath cures everything. Seriously, no matter what I have a headache, cramps, a cough, stress he says to go sit in a steamy bath. HA!
you always have the best stories!! Your boys are too cute :)
Post a Comment