The New Moon premiere is on Thursday! Are you as anxious as I am?! I think I bought tickets online in September or something! haha.So, for today I have created a top ten list of reasons why New Moon will outshine Twilight {in no particular order}:
1. Bigger budget: Twilight was a small time film with a budget of about 40 million +/-. Rumor has it that New Moon has exceeded their 150 million dollar budget. We all know that, in most cases, more money=better movie over-all.
2. Werewolves: The CGI effects in this movie, at least from what I've seen from clips, are remarkably well done. The wolves turned out better than I'd hoped and look far more believable than I thought could be possible.
3. Taylor Lautner: Not only do we get more of this cutie in New Moon but we get him with 35 pounds of added muscle mass! I don't think you can go wrong with that :)
4. The Volturi: They are the "closest thing to royalty" in the vampire world. I am most excited about Jane (Dakota Fanning). She looks like Satan's version of Little Red Riding Hood {cue creepy music} and I think she will totally pull it off the role--doesn't she always?
5. Action: New Moon is more action packed than Twilight featuring fight scenes with werewolves versus vampires and vampires versus vampires.
6. Chris Weitz: The chosen director for New Moon. As much I think Catherine Hardwicke was the perfect director for Twilight (her spazzy, passionate, all over the board personality combined with her artistic/Indie film style created the right look for Twilight. But New Moon needs someone who is not only technologically savvy but a sophisticated/seasoned director as well. I think we are all going to be pleased with how well Chris pulled this movie off. Fingers crossed.
7. Acting: The key players (Rob, Kristen, & Taylor) in Twilight began the film series without any idea that they would be catapulted into the epicenter of a pop culture phenomenon. They had all dabbled in acting (Kristen being the most experienced of the three) but after Twilight exploded the stakes were set a little higher for New Moon. Taylor almost lost his role to Michael Copon but showed his devotion to the part by putting on 35 lbs. of muscle. Some would say that Kristen and Rob's performance in Twilight was sub par in terms of their acting ability. I think Kristen is the reason Rob pulled Edward off at all. She had her weak moments in the film but over-all I think she is the strongest actor of the three.
What I'm trying to say with all of this is I think all three actors have stepped up their game for New Moon. More is expected of them and they feel that intense pressure to deliver. Let's hope they pull it off. I am confident that they will.
8. Rob's Hair: Granted this one doesn't really fit in the list b/c Rob's hair is in Twilight and New Moon...but whatever.
I laughed when I saw the quote from RPattz on the cover of Entertainment. He said, "My hair is 75% of my perfomance!" I think it's great that he is the first one to make fun of himself. I would have to partially agree with him though because his Edward hair is his trademark and one of the key elements of what makes him so dreamy.
9. Special Effects: Creating the werewolves was undoubtedly a huge undertaking but there are other scenes that feature some pretty rad special effects. On of my favs is of KStew cliff diving. She hits the water and gets pounded by a wave that pulls her down. While under the water she hallucination of Edward. She reaches out to touch him and his face is whisked away like sand. See it HERE.
10. The Break-up Scene: This particular part in New Moon (the book) is as monumental in the series as the meadow scene is in Twilight. I have full faith that KStew will be able to pull of the suffering and agony that Bella endures during those months a part from Edward.
For all of you psycho Twilighters (myself shamelessly included): Enjoy the midnight premiere on Thursday!
I will have a full report/review of the movie on Friday.
I will have a full report/review of the movie on Friday.

2 comments:
Amen to all these. I think you are VERY right about New Moon being better because let's be honest, after watching Twilight for the 10th time you start to see it was fairly low budget with very new actors. (Again, I still LOVE it!)
Can't wait. We rented out a theater so that we didn't have to wait in line forever and could pick our seats. We are weirdo hard core, eh? it'll be fun!
i will be anxiously awaiting your review!
Post a Comment