{Helen Williams}
As pompous as this sounds: I don't tolerate mediocre when it comes to my hair. I am particular.
With that being said, I had Helen style my hair for family photos this year. She made the messy side bun look casual and easy with a touch of edgy glamour. It was perfect for the look I wanted.
MTV asked her to bring in a few sample photos for a sweet sixteen episode themed: Alice and Wonderland. She was chosen to be a stylist for some of the guests at the party.She asked me to be her hair/make-up model...and this is what she came up with:
Who knew you could pin a plastic bag to your head and create this awesome mass of hair!?
No extensions or hair pieces on this one, folks...and I do not have much hair.
Helen has an incredible talent with make-up. The camera just doesn't do it justice either. The shimmery splashes of color and whimsical designs are the perfect touch to create the right look for Alice's psychadelic world.
If you reside in Arizona, Helen can be found in Scottsdale at:
Salon Tru.
I highly recommend her.

10 comments:
I just got your Christmas card yesterday (since we moved & it had to be forwarded to us) and though I've seen the pics on your blog the first thing I thought was "Wow, her hair looks A-MAZ-ING!"
I'm jealous too becuase I was a messy side bun to look good on me. Never works.
And that makeup & hair is amazing. I think the beehive is my fave.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These are crazy good. And you look insane (in a good way). Oh my gosh you know some talented people.
And so enjoyed you last week, by the way. You are pretty spectacular :)
Argh. I am so jealous that you live close enough to go to 'Salon HelLON.' I am never quite satisfied with my hair...
those pics are RAD!
You are the most beautiful amazing person I know and I love always. The hair is amazing too. love mom
I was wondering who styled your hair or if you did it yourself?! Bad to the bone sis. I wish I lived near Helen!
And how fun to play hair for a day and take pics...you ALWAYS land the modeling gigs!
rae
THANKS So much for always being my model on hand. You are the best to work with and I love that you let me play and use my creative juices. Believe me there will be many more to come. LOVE YOU!!!- Helen
Joanie! I totally agree! Every time I look at my wedding photos I feel like I need to write Helen a 5 page thank you note! She's the bestest! She does such intricate hairdoos and somehow she never has a bobbypin showing in the final product! That amazes me! Love these looks! and you! and Helen!
Wow Joan You look like a real supermodel what an amazing stylist too. Updo's are so much fun. I miss the days of doing hair and creating such fun looks for weddings and dances (those were my favorite). I love your hair for your family pics too. I always wear my hair like that cause it's so easy and looks very chic when your in a hurry.
How totally fun! I love doing hair and makeup - probably why I volunteer to do the stuff at all the kids plays for school and community! SO much fun....and even better? Having someone else do it for you!
You are working that beehive! LOVE it!
Post a Comment