Sunday, August 15, 2010

Past Due

I've been meaning to print our family pictures from last November but have put it off until just now. I have had such lavish ideas for these photos and how I wanted them displayed in my home. I wanted to print a series of nine on canvas (SO expensive) and put them up in a tile formation on my wall and other ideas have surfaced and faded. It seemed that every concept cost at least several hundred dollars and so I put it off and put if off some more.
This last week we went to IKEA and I saw a collage wall display that got the wheels turning in my head. This is what I came up with: 7 frames, one star (that I had laying around), two cans of white high gloss spray paint (wanted a modern look), and Costco prints (not the snaziest quality but when you pay 6 dollars for a 16x20 inch photo you can't complain much). Total cost: less than 95 dollars.

Please don't look too closely. The three smaller picture frames on the bottom are not even.
Ah, the perfectionist in me comes out once again :)


5 comments:

Kate said...

I love it. And I'm exactly the same. By the time I think I've figured out what the put on the wall, it's outdated.
Your display looks lovely.

K said...

Brilliant. I LOOOOOOOOVE that middle oval frame! Was that at IKEA?

Nothing better than a picture wall. It makes a house a home-- I know that's a little trite, but it's true :) Well done!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh! Looks great! I am also a fan of the middle frame. Lovely.

thebusbyfamily said...

love it.

xo

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

LOVE IT! Gotta love IKEA...