{Happy} New Year
I started the year off right this morning with a little run/walk. It's been six weeks since Bens (pronounced "Bence") was born so it's time I reclaim my pre-pregnant body. I'm out of excuses to not get my act together and quite honestly, I am SO tired of not fitting into 98.4% of everything I own. I am anxious to kick my bum and melt the baby fat away (ie: exercise coupled with never or rarely eating what sounds good). Ah, 'tis the life of a woman. The cruel weight roller coaster we all must perpetually ride. Nope, I'm not bitter :)
Anyway, while on my run, I came across a pile of vomit. It was a sad reminder of what most people were doing last night: Yay! Let's ring in the new year by hugging a toilet bowl and waking up with a hang-over--or worse, waking up with a hangover AND next to someone you don't know. That sounds like the perfect way to turn a new leaf, set goals, and have a productive, eventful, and satisfying year.
Wow. I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
I woke up this morning next to the man I love, with a nursing babe snuggled up to me, the sound of my two older boys playing happily in their room and thought, "Can it get any better?"
I hope this year continues to be sweet and wish for all of you to savor life, seek your dreams, and drink up every moment with those you love.
Anyway, while on my run, I came across a pile of vomit. It was a sad reminder of what most people were doing last night: Yay! Let's ring in the new year by hugging a toilet bowl and waking up with a hang-over--or worse, waking up with a hangover AND next to someone you don't know. That sounds like the perfect way to turn a new leaf, set goals, and have a productive, eventful, and satisfying year.
Wow. I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
I woke up this morning next to the man I love, with a nursing babe snuggled up to me, the sound of my two older boys playing happily in their room and thought, "Can it get any better?"
I hope this year continues to be sweet and wish for all of you to savor life, seek your dreams, and drink up every moment with those you love.


7 comments:
well said. i love the way you write.
maybe we need to find a way to work together on this "reclaiming pre-pregnant body" thing??
what do you think?
haha, i love your little jogging rant. I can just see you saying it.
And six weeks and jogging?! I still don't have bladder control at that point. Bravo! Just don't be hard on yourself - I seem to remember a post like 3 minutes after you had Benson and you were positively glowy and ridiculously lovely at your high school reunion.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
That is lovely (not the vomit part) -- I had similar thoughts about my own life when I woke up this morning too :)
Running already--way to go Joanie!!!
This is inspiring! After 15 months, let's see, 120 weeks, I am feeling like I should do the same-ha! Way to go, momma!
Hi, I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?
Thanks,
Kathleen
Post a Comment