Friday, February 25, 2011

The Birth of Motherhood

I brought treats for his classmates at school. This is him on his way home (Jamba juice Friday is his favorite).

Oh, dear me! I am a sentimental boob tonight. Six years and three hours ago I became a Mother to my sweet, sweet boy, James. I remember holding him in the hospital, rocking him, and crying. Oh how I cried! I bore my heart to Heavenly Father in gratitude that I had never before felt. How could he possibly entrust me with such a gift? Tonight I am reminded of that tender feeling and all the memories that surround my first few weeks of motherhood. The miracle of it all, is that my gratitude is even more profound now as I am busy loving my three perfect boys...each their own, with separate personalities and features.
I am a Mother and today I long to hold the baby that has faded into a silly six year old boy...Happy Birthday James. I am honored to call you my son.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh this is killing me Joan!

He's a lucky boy and you are a lucky mama. And heaven help me when my child turns 6!!

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Wow! Six. I can hardly believe. Happy Birthday James:)

Rachel Haack said...

Make me cry.....!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES, you HANDSOME boy you!

The Shaeffer Family said...

Such a sweet post! I love this mister man...SIX!?! What the heezy. Give a squeeze from us!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that we have six year olds! Sometimes, I try to tell life to wait for me, but it never listens! :D
He is a cutie!(really, all your boys are cuties!)

K said...

I swear it was yesterday that James and I were on our backs smiling at each other on the golf course green. Remember that? Sigh... Bittersweet! He is such a handsome, grown up little man, and yet I still miss his strong clap and big smile when he got excited...lol, remember that too? When did he stop doing that? Anyway, I love you James! I miss you! Happy birthday!

The Skeehan Family said...

when did THIS HAPPEN!!! Oh I love that darling boy. He is such a tender sweet, beautiful beautiful little man. You should be proud of who you have helped create. He is truly a gem. PS... please keep it up, Claire will need a prom date :) :) :)

{Ahhh! Did I just say that?? No, NO, James, STAY SIX!}

By the way, I love you day of love post. And your husband is darling.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Ohhhhh....this made me cry....how I loved (and still love) that little boy. Spoiling him brings joy to my heart. He was such a perfect, tender little baby..and he has grown into such a handsome, loving boy....I just love James!