Monday, April 25, 2011

Friends Forever :)


My dear, sweet friend Karyn came to visit me this past weekend. Her good husband agreed to be on Daddy duty while she came to enjoy a weekend of fun and frivolity with me! Brandon also accepted the challenge of tending the boys while we indulged in some free time.
It was GLORIOUS!


We enjoyed:
  • Dinner at Rubios
  • Shopping
  • Movie ("Source Code"--I give it 3 out of 5 stars). Although any movie is better when you have a few Paradise cookies to munch on ;)
  • Pedicure
  • Photo booth at the mall...felt like I was 13 again
  • Pool day at the Biltmore complete with chocolate treats and chips, salsa, guac, and sour cream
  • Game night: "Quirkle"
  • Watched "Eclipse" for the 18 billionth time--haha. But this time with KStew & RPattz commentary all while I pumped (in preparation for our pool day...left Bens from 10 till 6 and I didn't explode!)
  • Relaxed Sunday morning chatting outside on the back patio
  • Church...and then she flew home to reunite with her sweet boys and charming husband

Laying out by the Biltmore pool.
Ps: you can get a day pass to the spa facilities, workout room, locker room, and pools for the day for 25 bucks. It is an inexpensive stay-cation for sure! SOO worth it!

Pretty, pretty! :)
My feet are the ones with the squatty toes.


Me taking a pic of myself with Karyn's phone.

Karyn with James and Max.
I think she made quite the impression on Max (who was 18 months the last time he saw her) because Max calls Brandon's office (where Karyn slept) "Karyn's Room." So darling.
James lept into her arms the minute he saw her walking down the hall when she first arrived. I love that he remembered her so well.

I miss you already, sweet friend!
Thank you for coming to see me :)
And thank you, Bill & Brandon for tending the boys!

3 comments:

Rachel Haack said...

K - JEALOUS!

I tease - I am soooo happy you had such a fun break with a good friend. I bet it was a total shot in the arm. You look FABULOUS too btw Joan, so tan and blond and summery!

thebusbyfamily said...

i'm glad you had a good time.
nothing like a day away to help you feel refreshed!

you look gorgeous by the way :)

eyre blog said...

you are just cute. no. way more than just cute. you are Joan! so glad you had fun!