Saturday, May 7, 2011

7 years on the 7th

I love the symbolism in this picture. The road in the background symbolizes the long, winding path of life, the experiences, mistakes, and triumphs that led us to one another.

May 7, 2004 at 9am in the Mesa Temple I sealed myself to M. Brandon Koplin. I remember sitting with him in a small room in the Temple moments before we were to enter the sealing room to be joined together for eternity. We sat quietly, sitting snuggled up on a love seat by ourselves and pondered the enormity of the moment. We thought of the angels rejoicing on such an occasion and our future children shouting for joy! We thought of all the decisions we made in the past that had led us to that point. The good and the bad. How those experiences had shaped us and brought us together.
It was a beautiful day.

I left a note on his mirror the other night for him to find in the wee hours of the morning when he wakes for work. I told him that marrying him was the best decision I have ever made. It's true. And every year with him only gets sweeter.
I love you, Brandon.






B loves this song and thinks that the words are from my perspective...me singing them:
"I was searching, you were on a mission. Then our hearts combined like a neutron star collision..."

2 comments:

sara said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute.

P.S. I ♥ Muse! Good choice :)

K said...

Match. Made. In. Heaven.

You are an amazing couple. I think Hell was scared when you two got married. Probably still is.

(is that swearing, if I'm talking about it as a person? ha ha!)