Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stitches & Wall Art

This is just after the nurse applied the anesthetic gel to numb his little chin before his stitches.


Mr. Max donked his chin on the corner of our bed last week. He's cut his head open over half a dozen times since birth, including a scull fracture at nine months. This poor child takes after his mother who by the age of four had stitches in her chin, a broken wrist, and a hematoma (sp?) in her cheek which had to be surgically removed.
He was so brave when he got his stitches. It was Brandon who got woozy and had to sit down! haha.


The boys stood against the wall while B sprayed them with the hose. Fun eh?
We learned this little game from our cousin, Mikayla.






2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love Max! Poor kid...he is so tough! Can't wait to visit with you guys...it's been WAY too long.

K said...

Bless his little heart - such a brave boy. I swear we all have stitches in our chins with a story. And I'm not just saying that. Every kid in my family eventually got the "chin-stitches" from one thing or another. I think I "earned" mine when my sister accidentally dropped me down the stairs...I guess it's a good thing I was too young remember that! LOL!