My brother, Richard, his lovely wife, Kristen, and their three children: Gabriella (6), Sofia (5), and Lorenzo (3) spent the last few days with us. They have been living in Houston for the past three years while Richard finished his residency in anesthesiology. I had not seen Rick for three years and his children for over two!? Needless to say, it was Christmas morning when they showed up at our front door.
This picture melts my heart. Few things make me happier than watching my children build ties with their cousins just like I did growing up.
L to R: James, Gabriella, Benson, Sofia, Maxwell, Lorenzo
On Sunday I had twenty people at my house!? Thanks to Morgan (my cousin JR's new bride) we had a stunning cake to help celebrate Ruby's birthday and Sharon's birthday as well. Morgan is a full fledged pastry chef. She used two pounds of butter to frost this pink ruffled lovely! And to our delight: it tasted as good as it looked!
Sparklers!
Pretty pathetic looking fireworks, eh? That's what happens when you're on a budget...and your show is for 3-6 year olds. Doesn't take much to tickle their fancies ;)
I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July weekend as much as we did!

4 comments:
So fun! It's always fun to see cousins playing together and watching them get excited about our "little" fireworks show :)
I can't believe you hadn't seen your brother in that long! Damond is seriously thinking about anesthesia too so I hope that doesn't mean he won't see his family for three years! or four if he does peds!
Both of you have beautiful families and I am glad you had a fun time together :D
LOVE seeing your family pics! I've always loved Richard since we went to that dance at Arcadia together. He's so sweet. And his kids are darling! And I can't believe you hadn't seen him in so long! How fun to be together. That cake is amazing! It's time you guys came over so we can catch up. I'll email you.
i would seriously love to learn to make a cake like that!
Glad you had a great 4th! We missed you guys!!
Post a Comment