Their favorite time of the year..."
"It's that time of year when the world falls in love
Ev'ry song you hear seems to say, 'Merry Christmas'..."
The sounds and smells of Christmas are filling our home and we are making every effort
to "feel" Christmas too.
I asked Max why we celebrate Christmas and he said, "Because it's Jesus' birthday, Mom!"

Ha ha ha. I have eaten more sugar in the past two weeks than...well, let's just say I've had far too much. I gave into the temptation at the grocery store and bought these delicious delights. I am a sucker for mint and chocolate!
I had to post Bensy's first birthday cake. Oh, I could eat him!!!This is the before...
We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving, as is our tradition. Max got excited about something and James replied exuberantly, "See Max! You're already feeling the Spirit!"
Melt my heart! These two are such darling friends. It is such a joy to watch them grow and learn together.
James was out running errands with Brandon while I was in Cali for my birthday and he asked, "Dad, when are we going to be home?"
"Soon, why Son?"
"Because I want to get home so I can keep playing a game with Aubrey" (the neighborhood girl who is five).
"And what game is that?"
"The kissing game!"
"Uhhh, how do you play that game?" (haha)
"I would run away and Aubrey would try to catch me and kiss me."
"But James, your not supposed to kiss until your 16!"
"Well that's a BIG number and I'm not waiting!!!"
We are SO in for it with this little heart breaker :/
Here is further evidence of the Aubrey and James crush.Aubrey wrote in side walk chalk right outside our front door:
"I lic you Jams."
Translation: "I like you, James."
I think its time to move?! I'm afraid that no matter where we live there will be "Aubreys" on the prowl for my boys. This is going to get interesting...




9 comments:
I LOVE James' school pic. It is a perfect match to Kate's! I'll have to send you Kate's so you can see what I mean!
I sure wish you guys lived closer to us!!!
And Happy Birthday to Benson! I'm glad he won't be that much older than my boy. :) More friends for Bear Lake!
The world is in desperate need of good boys...and they stand out in the crowd. I'm excited for Christmas. It will be fun to see everyone. Norah keeps wishing people, "Merry Christmas Trees"....
Oh my word the Christmas card oh the Christmas card!! I LOVE it. What a handsome bunch.
And James...i could just die at the predatory behavior of little girls?!!! Lily just 'confessed' to Auntie Sarah that she wants to 'kiss Damion's lips' (a little boy up the street from us!). HEAVEN HELP ME!!! IT'S THE GIRLS WHO ARE THE LITTLE INSTIGATING HOOCHIES!
HAHA, but can you blame them - look at your boys?!!
Loved these stories.
Rae
Ps. And my long winded thoughts on feminism are in the works...I meant to get to them yesterday when I had my 'break' but decided to sit around and brain fart instead. :)
that is so cute! i miss you all so much! James is so big now i can't wait to see you all this Christmas! LoL. TTYAS
I have a special place in my heart (or stomach) for those oreos, which is exactly why I can't buy them **sigh**
As far as Aubrey goes, well, I was Aubrey. I remember yelling after the neighbor boy (our backyards backed to each other) "Hyrum don't go!" and I grabbed his shirt over the fence and pulled him back and kissed him. I was five. FIVE! As far as I know my girls aren't as gutsy as their mother. I'm quite hoping they think boys are disgusting until they are 25!
Merry, Merry!
ps the above is me! apparently I was logged in under my other account :)
oh, and benson's cake turned out great!
wow, James must be the class hottie. HOLY COW!!
I love your decorations and my boys. I look forward to your posts so maybe you could write one every day?!?! Where did you find that playmate song? I love it.
Post a Comment