Monday, April 16, 2012

Article

I came across THIS just a few minutes ago and laughed out loud when Emily (the author of the article) said this:

"At first glance, Naomi and Stacie and Stephanie and Liz appear to be members of the species known as the “Hipster Mommy Blogger,”
though perhaps a bit more cheerful and wholesome than most.
They have bangs like Zooey Deschanel and closets full of cool vintage dresses.
Their houses look like Anthropologie catalogs. Their kids look like Baby Gap models. Their husbands look like young graphic designers,
all cute lumberjack shirts and square-framed glasses.
They spend their days doing fun craft projects (vintage-y owl throw pillow! Recycled button earrings! Hand-stamped linen napkins!). They spend their weekends throwing big, whimsical dinner parties for their friends, all of whom have equally adorable kids and husbands.

Are you laughing!?
I am. Check it out when you have a minute or two.





2 comments:

Rachel Haack said...

Joanie dear you are ssssOOOOOOOOoooooo behind! I read this like...months ago. lol.

i'm totally kidding and hope that obnoxiousness came through...:) That article spawned a whole bunch of responses that i remember reading. It started the quasi investigation of this weird "Mormon Mommy" phenomena. However, a lot of stuff i read gave a spin that i found annoying. Stuff like, "Oh they are so fake and manufacturing this perfect life just to keep up with the pressures forced upon them by their faith" sorta vibe. I had to stop reading after a while, it got kinda mud flingy (and you know what happened last time i joined in a mud flinging contest...AAAAAK!).

I couldn't help but think....isn't it possible that (gasp!) maybe they ARE relatively happily married, focused, talented women enjoying motherhood? Is that such an impossibility now days?!!! Give em a break!

The article cracked me up too. I appreciate her honesty about it. She was fair and funny and right on the money! I think she captures what we all feel (mormon and non) when reading other's blogs..

Mrs. Cropper said...

My comment is almost identical to Rae's. I read this ages ago and read MUCH of the comment thread. There were several commenters that were CONVINCED that these blogs most be totally staged because no one is THAT beautiful/happy/inlovewithherhusband/enamoredwithmotherhood/etc.

So ridiculous! But it's so hard for faithless people to understand that faith and perspective will do that to ya!

I have been equally annoyed by articles and comment threads about Mitt Romney being fake. Honestly, people, Mormons are really happy!!!!!