I have taken three classes in a row from Professor Steven Walker because he is a phenomenal teacher (The Bible as Literature, Christian Fantasy--Tolkien/Lewis, & Poetry).
In a recent assignment I was asked to list five Byronic heroes from any literature I had previously read. I chose Edmond Dantes, Dorian Grey, among others and concluded the list with Edward Cullen. In parenthesis I said: "Are you gagging yet?" Prof. Walker has THE BEST sense of humor and so we joke here and there throughout our comments on various assignments etc. Anyway, I was reading through the graded assignment he sent me with his comments written in. After my "Are you gagging yet?" question he replied:
"Stephenie Meyer was MY student.
I think she is a first rate writer."
I think she is a first rate writer."
Are you kidding me?! How awesome is that?! I covered my mouth in shock and felt like an idiot for semi-ripping on Twilight even though anyone and everyone knows I am a hugely pathetic fan.
Anyway, if you ever plan on taking BYU online courses make sure you take one or two from Dr. Walker. He is a stud...and he obviously produces some pretty successful writers!
Anyway, if you ever plan on taking BYU online courses make sure you take one or two from Dr. Walker. He is a stud...and he obviously produces some pretty successful writers!


5 comments:
Hey! That's rad! Sounds like a fabulous teacher!
Hmmm... that's almost enough to make me want to go back to school.
Crazy!!
Does he know you are a die hard fan or was he semi-reprimanding you for being what he thought was critical?
I really admire your dedication to finishing your college degree. It shows your boys how important it is, but at the same time they know they are your first priority. You are such a good mama :)
ps did you know sometimes I go to your blog and leave it on just to hear the music on your sidebar? cause i do.
i love it!! that is so hilarious/rad/darling/yourfavoriteadjectivehere
Post a Comment