Monday, June 25, 2012

Bear Lake 2012


Big news in the Koplin home...no, I'm not pregnant.
 Brandon made a goal to gain weight this year. So far he has gained 20lbs. He has been lifting weights, drinking protein shakes and eating, Eating, EATING more (rough life--wish I could go on that diet)!



I am freaking out about these pictures. I am SO proud of him.
Check it out:

 





We spent our first day in Utah with family--a day playing with cousins at Liberty Land:


 

Oh my! Look at this CHUB!
I have a HUGE crush on him.


Auntie Koko (B's sister), McCartney, Lily, Norah, Max & James



 James on an airplane



This is Daphne and I want to eat her! :)
 Isn't she the squishiest, yummiest baby girl!?

 Bumper boats...This means war!!!
Malachi and Max

 McCartney & Bridger

 Norah and Lily

 James and Malachi with Max ducking for cover

 James and Norah



 James liked the rock wall but I think he has his
Mom's fear of heights b/c when he got half way he wanted to come back down.




We headed up to Bear Lake after visiting my brother, Chris, his wife, Erin, their little girl, Brynn, Cousins: Rob, Dyonne, Mikayla, Sascha along with Grandma Frederickson.
We travel up to Bear Lake every year to enjoy time with Brandon's old mission buddies. It has been a nine year tradition. Our ten year (next February) we are planning to meet up in Hawaii. Brett (one of B's companions who comes to Bear Lake with us every year) owns the Adventure Center at Turtle Bay. So, they live there of course but Brett has some sweet hook-ups with the resort.


Taylor, James, and Max





Benson had the time of his life!



Sunset on Sunday. I had just awoken from a nap (as you can tell).



We spent a lot of time on these couches chatting

 

Max & Benson on the "repentance bench." Richard and Linda Eyre used this bench when their children were younger. If two of their children had a disagreement they were required to sit together on the bench until a resolution had been reached.
It's such a cool looking bench too...its an old church pew.



James enjoying the sun and water


We went to the Pickleville Playhouse and saw another Juanito Bandito show.
We LOVE this guy! He lights up the stage and makes us laugh throughout the entire show.
Me and Brandon were asked to be the Roadshow directors (a church play). We are required to write the script, lyrics, provide props, etc. Quite a job!
We decided to use JB as the inspiration for our roadshow.
We're pretty excited about it!


Here's the group: Kristi, Noah Eyre, Lisa, Brandon Kern, Brett, Chloe, Cassie Lee, Tanner, President/Sister Bennett, me, Brandon, Shannon and Todd Miller with Baby Nicklaus.
 


Here's one last picture...look! B has a roll or two! Can you believe this beefcake?! :)


THANK YOU, Eyre Family for your generosity!
We LOVE Bear Lake! :) 






















6 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

OH how fun. I wish I had fun friends to hook us up someplace... and super cute kids... What you need is a close up of Brandon's arms and shoulders... that is where I noticed most of the weight gain. Lucky him.. I have no issues putting the weight on...or eating...geeze.

Denae said...

Watch out! We did that a couple of years ago with Ben & now it hasn't stopped!!:) But I still think it's sexy.
Wish I could look that good packing on an extra 20lbs. In fact, I think I'm doing it right now as an experiment.

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Wow! Good job Brandon. Looks like you had fun. In Utah and bear lake. Wish we could join you in Hawaii! It is perfect timing for a vacation for us;)

thebusbyfamily said...

I LOVE that before & after picture!! BK looks awesome!
WOOT! WOOT! I guess because I see him all the time I didn't noticed such a big difference. He always looks good, but the extra lbs makes him look older to me.

Good work BK! Good work!

Danielle said...

love these little glimpses into your cute family and what you guys are up to.

I love the bench Idea...I even have an old church pew. Doing that.

K said...

Brandon, you look awesome :)
Joanie, you are rockin' in in that hat :)