I don't treat myself to a mani or pedi very often. I usually reserve the delight for a special occasion or just before a vacation (especially to a beach-y type place). Several days ago I received a birthday gift from my dear friend, Karyn. My birthday was in November but she was in the middle of two moves and building a new house so she was totally off the hook. I told her I'd like to make it a tradition--how fun to get a birthday gift six months belated?
One of her gifts was money for a pedicure. She tried to get a gift card by calling the a place close to where I live but they couldn't understand her! haha. Go figure. So, she sent money along with a few other goodies. She is really, really good at spoiling me.
I decided to try a new nail spa because I'd been disappointed by quite a few of the places in my area in thepast for various reasons.
I knewI wanted a gel, french manicure because I had just given myself a pedicure the night before so my feet/toenails were in good condition.
The only time I've honestly ever been impressed with a mani or pedi was about ten years ago when I received a pedi from an Asian man who worked at a place that is now closed. He was METICULOUS. Not only that but he gave me the best leg/foot rub ever!
Okay..so back to walking in to a random place to get a manicure...
I was led to a station by a woman and a few minutes later up walks an Asian MAN ready to give me a gel manicure.
Well dear friends, let me tell you! He did not disappoint! He was equally thorough and meticulous like the other guy who gave me my favorite pedi of all time.
Moral of the story: As illogical as it sounds (sorry, guys--girls are typically more detail oriented especially in the art of manis/pedis) but guess what!?! That theory has been proven wrong--at least it has to me!
So, next time you spoil yourself with a manicure or pedicure--seek out a MAN for the job! :)
Thank you for my birthday gift, Karyn dear!


2 comments:
So fun. I usually treat myself once a year... generally after a few weeks of mulching, tilling, planting, and otherwise working in the yard... by then, my feet need a professional. Such a fun feeling! Happy belated birthday.
That is really sweet of your friend!
I want to like getting pedicures so badly but they always seem to hurt me somehow... Still, I'd pay just to have a foot rub and a break from life for 3 minutes!
Post a Comment