Happy 8th Birthday, James!
Dear James,
I did not anticipate feeling so sentimental and emotional today. It is hard to believe that eight short years ago you were born and in a way, so was I. You were born in to the world as a tiny baby boy and I became a Mother.
I remember the day so well: laying in Nanny's bathtub waiting for your arrival, waddling down the greenbelt in Lakewood with Nan while I sipped on a strawberry lime slush from Sonic, heading to the doctor (because I had an appointment that day) and the midwife telling me that I needed to go to the hospital because I was dilated to an 8 (you'll understand what that means later), how excited Daddy was when I called him and how he drove 80 miles an hour the entire way and even ran two red lights and how at 8:20pm on February 25, 2005 my heart grew ten sizes when I first held you in my arms and looked into your big, beautiful eyes...I remember that part the most.
And now, my darling James, you are 8 years old, still a sweet tender child but yet on the verge of becoming a young man. You are wise, James and so aware of yourself and the world. You desire so deeply to be good and to succeed at everything you pursue.
You are so unbelievably smart, my Son. I am reminded of that every time I help you flip through your music notes flashcards for violin or when I watch you finish a chapter book in one sitting.
You make friends easily. People gravitate to you because of your inherent kindness and ability to make them feel loved.
You have chosen to follow Jesus Christ's example and be baptized. So many people are coming to support you and show their love for you, James. It will be a memorable and beautiful day.
Daddy and I love you, James. We feel richly blessed to be your parents and look forward to watching you grow and develop and succeed at all that you choose to do.
Happy Birthday, Son.
Love,
Mom & Dad


1 comments:
tears...
Happy Birthday James, you handsome boy you!
Post a Comment