Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{note}




I stumbled upon this birthday note and wanted to immortalize it on my blog. It is from my Auntie B--my Mom's baby sister--who happens to be one of my favorites. She is wise, depthful, genuine and kind. 
I love her like a second Mother.  
She also happens to be on her way home from the Philippines-- she has served with her good husband these past 18 months.

November 2012
Ah, so as to accentuate the point that Joanie truly is queen of the birthday wish, and to prove that I am my mother's daughter (though I have proof through a couple birthday blogs that the genetic anomaly that forces her to actually NEVER get to a birthday on time is MUCH reduced in my generation) I send you this email 4 (maybe 3 for you on the other side of the dateline) days late. It was not my plan, but it was my destiny to do so. (did all that sound like an apology or a not guilty plea?)
Anyway, who cares what day it is, I would like to stand up and shout out that Joan Koplin is RAD, that she is raising really fine boys (a formidable and seldom fully tackled task), that birthdays matter, even if they are recognized a little late, because it gives us a chance to remember and rejoice, and that your birthday is of special and even preeminent import because of your faithfulness in remembering all of ours.
Happy belated birthday, dear one.  You are a joy to us and a treasure to all around you
I hope your day included lots of good wishes, and I hope this belated wish adds to your happiness.
Love always,
Auntie B and Uncle Dean










1 comments:

Joan said...

I am so thankful that you put this beautiful tribute in your blog from my favorite sister to my amazing daughter. I cried all the way through.