Oh dear. I'm afraid I've taken the path of least resistance and resigned myself to the ease and simplicity of Instagram. My poor blog has been horribly neglected. My printed blog books are far too great a treasure for me to allow myself to abandon the blog altogether but I'm afraid my posts will be more sporadic.
I'm now twelve weeks and feeling a little better. I endured some LONG days of lousy nausea and daily dates with the toilet bowl but the bittersweet thing about life is: time never stops. I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm SO excited. I don't know why really but I suppose it helps to hear a doctor confirm that I truly am pregnant as opposed reporting that my body has been infected with a life threatening disease that stops periods, causes tummy bloating, sore nipples, mood swings and horrible nausea.
We have been grappling with some unrelenting illnesses lately (speaking of nausea). My boys have had a cough for over a month now. It has gradually gotten better thankfully but been painfully stubborn. Max just had a fever on Friday--no other symptoms and it only lasted 24 hours or so but now sweet Benny boy has it.
I. HATE. when. my. babies. are. sick. And quite honestly, I strongly dislike the word "hate". It is a word that should almost never be used but it is entirely appropriate in this case.
Mother's Day was such a treat! I had my Gramie in town (my mother's mother) and my Auntie B and Uncle Dean who just returned from their mission in Cebu, Philippines. I hosted dinner on Sunday and everyone contributed. I was in charge of the salmon and let me tell you: it was perfectly seasoned and perfectly tender. I can say that because this is my blog and I'm allowed to self promote and toot my salmon horn. To give myself some credibility though my Auntie B said this in a text: "Thank you for love by salmon and decor and expansive spirit." So, there. I'm not gloating over mediocre salmon. She apparently liked it too ;)
The boys are finishing up preschool and 2nd grade this week. My little Max will be a kindergartener this fall. He is SO ready. I know he is well prepared both socially, emotionally and academically. It's marvelous to watch my boys grow and develop. It makes my pregnancy complaints seem trivial and silly when I consider the beautiful little people that blossom before me every day. To think that me and B have the blessing of one more baby to love and teach and serve and snuggle makes my heart burst with gratitude. There is no greater joy in life than the joy these little ones bring.
One quick story to close this long winded update: Brandon turned on the Mormon Channel and we started watching "Mormon Messages" before church today. James came in and snuggled up to me while we watched. As one of the messages concluded I wiped a tear away and said to James, "I think I cry after every single one of these! I must be a crybaby." Without hesitation my tender little James said, "No, Mom...you're a spirit feeler."
I love my life and my little people.
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Random Update
Posted by Joan at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'm sorry, as a non-instagram user i'm going to have no choice but to PROTEST your blog negligence. no no no! ;)
and I agree with James: Joanie is a spirit feeler! Love that boy!
Can't WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!
That was beautiful. Love to you and all your little ones.
Post a Comment