Max finished preschool this year and is SO ready for Kindergarten in the fall. James is on his way to being a big THIRD?!?! grader. How this all happened, I'm not sure. It feels like three months ago that I was big and pregnant with Benson crying down the hallway after walking James to his class for his first day of kindergarten. Now my little Max is heading to kindergarten and alas, I am pregnant. Didn't I decide that I wasn't going to be pregnant while taking another child to his first day of kindergarten?! I not only cried when I took James to school, I cried the night before and all during the day thinking about him eating lunch without me and whether or not he felt happy or comfortable. The first thing he said when I picked him up from school, "Mom! I didn't even miss you at all!" (que violins and Mommy's heart breaking).
This long, drawn out process of "letting our little ones go" is so very hard. I have come to recognize that it doesn't get any easier either. One day I will be preparing these boys to leave me for two years to serve in some foreign place. Then I will be waving them off as they drive away with their bride the night of their wedding.
Wow. Okay, I need to slow down. I still have time. But that time only seems to speed by more quickly with each day. My little boys will soon be young men and not long after, grown men. In the mean time, I hope I am doing all I can to raise them to be the men the world so desperately needs.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Last Days
My sweet Max at his preschool graduation. He played the lead in his end of the year school play. He was Farmer Brown.
James with is 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Sander.
Posted by Joan at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment