Oh sweet love.
Why do you insist on growing up?
It seems like moments ago you were in my belly...all mine.
I love that we shared that time--nine months of just you and me.
I had you all to myself. You were perfectly protected. Your every need was met.
Once
you were born you realized that you had to share me (and I had to share
you) with three older brothers and a Daddy who was thrilled to bring a
fourth son into our home.
You
have been so accepting of the chaos, the in and out of the car, Costco
trips, doctor visits, vacations, baseball games, church, school.
Life is a whirlwind of activities and you have adapted beautifully to our family.
It's
just been over the past few months that Benson has warmed up to you.
You took his place, you know...as the baby. He wasn't so sure about you.
It is easy to see how much he loves you now though.
Max
has been enamored with you from the beginning. He thinks you are the
cutest baby that ever was. It is such a treat to see him care for you.
James
is well versed in the art of older brotherhood. He knows exactly what
to do with a new little one. He asks regularly when he's old enough to
babysit.
Such a little mother hen this boy.
And
then there is your Auntie Bina. She has the magical touch with you (and
all babies for that matter). I remember one night I was beside myself. I
couldn't get you to sleep You had been crying off and on for close to
45 minutes and I was worn out.
She
came upstairs to your room leaned over the side of the crib, put her
lips right next to your ear and "shhh-ed" you right to sleep while she
patted your bum.
Your pudgy legs and feet...sigh.
I could nibble them all the day long!
Here you are doing work with Daddy.
You aren't even six weeks old in this photo and already such a big boy.
Your Auntie Bina bought you this Cardinals onesie.
She loves to spoil her nephews!
You have the most expressive brows. People comment that it seems like you are peering into their soul.
Just chillin' with Daddy.
Happy boy.
I don't know anyone who loves you quite like your Aunt Jessie. She thinks you are it!
She marked her territory with bright red lipstick (and her sultry, sexy lips) just so everyone would know you are hers!
Oh how we love you, Lewis John! Thank you for choosing to be in our family! We wouldn't have it any other way!













0 comments:
Post a Comment