Meet my sweet Dad.
This photo was taken on the 4th of July, 2014, the first time we've seen or talked to each other in 14 years. The reason why, you ask? That is all in the past.
All that matters is this: we reunited in the most tender way...hearts were soft, tears ran freely and gentle words of forgiveness and love exchanged.
It was a moment recorded in heaven.
We spent the 4th at my brother Chris' house.
This day marked the one year anniversary of my brother's motorcycle accident when he lost his foot and subsequently decided to have a below the knee amputation.
He stood strong on his new leg at the bbq/block party at his house.
It makes me happy that he chose to celebrate the day instead of dwell on all the difficulty that he has suffered along with his wife, Erin and their two young children.
Here we all are reunited and happy.
My oldest sister, Nikki, Dad, Chris and me.
Such a happy day.
The 4th isn't complete without some American flags and sparklers!
What a blessed day. To celebrate freedom, forgiveness, love, sacrifice, courage, and true heroism.
It was a day of new beginnings, a celebration of love and hope for all that lies ahead.
I love you, Dad!

1 comments:
Joan, I am so happy to hear of this reunion. I can just sense the peace in your words and I'm so GLAD you've found it with your Dad. Well-versed in family issues myself (aren't we all really?), I know what a gauntlet of emotion these sorts of relationships can release. So here's to new beginnings!
Also, I had NO IDEA about your brother?! Oh my gosh, how horrible. I am so sorry.
Love you friend, love you back on the blog too!
Post a Comment