Several years later, her husband Bill got a job offer in Minneapolis and so she moved away. I was obviously upset about this but felt at peace knowing that no matter where she went nothing between us would change. It's incredible isn't it? With certain people you can go months and even years without seeing them or even talking very often but the moment you are with them again everything is just as it was when you last saw them. Nothing changes because the connection you have is so deeply rooted that time and space can't disturb it.
After Brandon went to Denali, Alaska and spent a week hiking with friends he told me I needed to plan a trip of my own and he would watch the boys. It didn't take me much time before I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to meet Karyn somewhere?!" I called her and asked when and where would work and after some planning and several months went by we both flew to San Diego and spent three glorious, relaxing, lovely days together. We sat by the pool and talked for hours. We went to a movie and shopped, ate and slept in. It was such a peaceful, care-free vacation.
Kinda fun that we randomly nabbed the cutest rental car ever!?
P.F Chang's "Great Wall of Chocolate" cake and fresh berries for breakfast on the beach. Can you think of ANYthing better?!
Can we make this an annual tradition, Karyn?
Seriously :)
I miss you, friend.



0 comments:
Post a Comment