Monday, April 18, 2016

My Little Soccer Star


It's so satisfying to watch your child find their "thing." Max took to soccer immediately. He played basketball and has done swimming but soccer immediately resonated with him. 
I'll often find him practicing (creating his own drills, footwork and techniques) in the backyard. He escapes to his own world where he is Lionel Messi playing in front of thousands of screaming, adoring fans.
He told me after his second practice this season, "Mom, I'm the best player on the team. I'm like almost as good as my coaches."
This boy is not lacking in confidence. haha. 
He is playing in an advanced soccer camp this summer and can hardly wait to learn new skills to take to the field on game day.

 
Max's buddy, Landon plays on the team with him and his dad is a talented photographer. We can thank him for these fantastic action photos.





 

0 comments: