Tuesday, October 11, 2016

ROCKY POINT 2016


 

After an exhausting wedding week we decided to take a breather from the madness and travel to our beloved Rocky Point. We even talked some friends into joining us: the Martinez Family and the Bingham Family. 
It was a much needed reprieve and couldn't have come at a better time. We played in the pool, at the beach, ate lots of Mexican food and relaxed. 


 

We always try to go to Sacrament meeting when we are out of town. It's obviously a good thing to try to go to church but I love the added perspective and cultural experience for the boys being in a humble town. 
We live in a happy little bubble where everyone the boys know have cell phones, luxury cars, well groomed yards and every other comfort imaginable. 
This allows them to see that not everyone is that fortunate. 


I can't help but smile when I stare into these faces. 
Water, sand and sun are definitely the ingredients for grand adventure!


Pardon the cheesy selfie but this photo reminds me of the absolutely debilitating bug that reared its ugly head about three hours after we got home from Rocky Point. It knocked me right out and kept beating me down for almost five days. I even blacked out at one point and hit my head on the wall. It was CRAZY town. It's days like those that remind me how blessed I am to be healthy. Being sick is THE WORST. 
Oh, and I got this new white mumu on our trip. I LOVE it :)

Minus the terrible bug, we had a marvelous time and can't wait to go back for another adventure!

0 comments: