Dearest Benson,
You love to make people feel loved. Often, when things are quiet in the house and I don't know where you are, I'll find you at my desk making a card for someone in the family. You take time to make little cut outs and color every inch. You don't quit until you've covered every last detail. You are so thoughtful and tender hearted, my son.
You take great care in helping Lewis. You grab his little hand in the parking lot to make sure he's safe without any prompting from me. It amazes me every time how aware of him you are. Sure, you fight and hit and argue like any brothers do but ultimately, I know he is your best buddy.
I love watching you grow in courage and confidence. You are naturally shy and reserved but with small effort you are able to reach out and make many friends. You are a leader in the classroom. You work harder than anyone I know your age. Your teacher, Mrs. Havens tells me she uses your work as the example for the class almost every time because you deliver the best work. She can always count on you to be on task and doing your best.
I love you so much it hurts (that probably doesn't make sense to you right now but you'll understand when you're a daddy one day). I hope you have the happiest birthday my boy.
Love, Love, Love,
Mom

0 comments:
Post a Comment