Several months ago (some time in July, I think) I told Lewis that he could have a train that he was begging for at Barnes and Noble when we threw his third birthday. Little did I know that my attempt to get him out of the store without caving and buying the train or him throwing a horrendous tantrum would haunt me from that moment forward!
After my comment about his party the only thing out of his mouth from then on was, "Mom, where'd my 'birtday go? I have a 'birtday yummy Thomas cake?" (Repeat, repeat, repeat)!
It was exhausting!
Needless to say, I realized that his obsession would not go away and I thought, "Why not?! Let's throw this kid a birthday party four months early!"
Here is his REAL Thomas party (take 2) with his best buddies: Dillon, Abel and Logan. We rode the train, played at the park, ate pizza and cake and had a Thomas pinata.
Funny story about the pinata: He would not hit it with the bat. He walked up to the pinata (shaped like Thomas--pretty much his best friend) and did not have the heart to beat him with a bat even if it involved free candy. Bless his heart.
This is Lewis with one of his best buddies named Burton. Lewis is so acutely aware of his friends. He notices when they are unhappy or upset. He is concerned about them and makes an effort to help them feel loved and happy. So emotionally aware for such a young boy.
This face. Oh how I love my fiery, fierce passionate boy. Nothing melts my heart more than when Lewis asks, "Mom, do you want to watch a show and snuggle me?"
The answer is, "Yes Lewis." Every. Single. Time.
It was such a treat to have Grandma and Grandpa with us for the birthdays. We love when they come to visit! It was lovely to have them celebrate Benny and Lew's birthdays and enjoy this beautiful weather with us.

0 comments:
Post a Comment