Lorenzo, Gabriella, Sofia,
Jimmie, and Max.
This is the picture I took two days before L, G, S and Aunt Kristen left for Houston where Richard (my brother) will complete his last three years of residency in anesthesiology. Jimmie cried the whole way home while shouting, "I need my friend Gab! I just need her!" Needless to say, I cried too.Jimmie, and Max.
As if their departure weren't enough to create an aching void in my heart and puffy eyes...Brandon left for St. Louis on Friday night to attend his friend Jeff's wedding. I don't know what is wrong with me but when Brandon his gone I am useless and depressed. I seriously hardly function. After we dropped him off at the airport we went to the grocery store and bought a few necessities: mint double stuffed Oreos, a liter of Diet Dr. Pepper, and Snyder's Mustard and Onion pretzels...oh, and Jimmie got gold fishies and apple juice (a heck of a lot healthier than my selection). Pathetic, I know...he leaves and I become a junk food gorging, sobbing boob on the couch--potato.
Something we three have discovered the last two days:
Home just isn't home
without Daddy in it.
Home just isn't home
without Daddy in it.

14 comments:
I know how you feel!! If matt even has a late night at the hospital, i friek out--I NEED HIM! Isn't it funny how independent we women can be, but we somehow still NEED our husbands?!! Gotta love diet Dr Pepper! it's my fav too! Too bad you don't live closer--i think we could be good friends!! LOL! take care Joanie--he'll be home soon!
I'm here what are you talking about. I miss you too, tried to get an early flight back from STL, but it is an impossibility. I will have to come home Monday night. I love you. B
No worries Joan. He's kind of boring. I'd trade you the oreos for him if I could. Just kidding. I'm sorry though. I wish he could get home to you sooner. Or MORE than that I wish you were here too! Hang in there 1 more day.
OH MY WORD JOAN, I absolutely cannot believe how parallel our lives are at this moment!! I was totally laughing/tearing up at this post! Tyler is out of town this weekend too, and I have eaten nothing but fast food and OREO CAKESTERS! (Have you tried them? Don't! You won't be able to stop until you've consumed the ENTIRE box of the gooey CHEWY version of oreos. Seriously, I could vomit).
I wander our house listlessly, trying to hold back tears and coming up with ridiculous scenarios about his safety - getting melodramatic about the possibility of something happening to him. It is a disorder. Then I get scared at night, and head over to my parents where Lily, London, and I cram in a little double bed and have a miserable night of sleep missing our main man.
To top it off, I read the book "The Five Love Languages" and get myself all pumped to perfect our marriage and love him better than I do, cuz I miss him so much. I guess that part is good though.
I am so sorry about your brother moving - but it is never goodbye! Jimmie is the cutest thing ever ("I just need her!) AHhhhhh, my heart melts.
I hope you feel better, and I'll think about you as I bake an entire pan of rasberry chewies while waiting for Tyler to get back.
Rae
I have missed you so!! It's so good to hear your voice in the blogging world again--even if it's a sad voice:( How adorable and hopelessly romantic this feeling is though...how incredibly wonderful to need someone and love someone so deeply that you're life just isn't complete without them. That's a beautiful thing really.:) But still-- I can't wait for Brandon to get back so I can hear the smile in your voice again... :)
If it makes you feel any better I beat Brandon at Foosball...TWICE!
Ha Ha Rematch anytime Brandon!!!
Joanie - I just love you! I just love how beautiful you are and how honest you are - how you write just makes it seem like you are right here talking to me... instead of across town in mean Awhatukee that takes husbands and brothers away :) Seriously, I know what you are talking about when husbands are not home - Dan was in North Carolina for a WEEK and I about had it - spent about 99% of my time at my parents because I can't deal being here by myself. Independent yes I am, but independent of Dan.... not so much.
LOVE YOU!
AND WHEN ARE WE GETTING TOGETHER?!?!?
oh, shucks! I hate it (HATE IT) when Nate goes out of town. if you're lonely, i'm always up for a chat with joan -- call me. love you.
Oh my gosh, I am the EXACT same way. I hate it when Thomas is gone. I have some friends who make fun of me and say I am not independent, but hey, what can I say? We work better when we are together! Hang in!
One benefit when Jon is out of town: I get the bed all to myself and can sleep on his side -- which i think i like better than mine. Ok, so usually he isn't gone long enough for me to really get sad about it. By the time we get home from work we only have a few waking hours together anyway. But I feel your pain.
glad you like the background on my blog, Joan. that was me and photoshop and a boring morning at work. :)
Monday at 11 sounds good to me :) I am looking forward to seeing you and the boys & Kali will be happy.
What sweet little cousins! It is so nice when family comes.
As far as the header, no problem. I was happy to do it. It looks great!
AMEN!! I am always glad "when daddy comes home" it's the best time of day!
also, check out a clip from twighlight on my bro's blog --- jeff & brittany. love it!
Post a Comment