Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Potpourri

First off: "potpourri." Isn't that such an odd word? The way it's spelled, the pronunciation and the meanings: 1. mixture of flowers, herbs, and spices that is usually kept in a jar and used for scent 2 : a miscellaneous collection . It reminds me of the word: "smorgasbord." Where the heck did that word come from? HA! I will tell you (thank you Mr. Merriam and Mrs. Webster): Etymology: Swedish, smorgas=open sandwich + bord=table.


I thought I would post a few pics of Brandon's trip to St. Louis.
Here are a couple from the wedding:

Just a few of the boys.
Everyone who went to Parkway West and who attended Jeff and Regan's wedding.


Brandon stayed at The Katzoff Bed and Breakfast:

He was well taken care of by Ben, Denae, and Taj. Brandon said that Taj was the cutest, chubby cheeked, little brown haired boy he's ever seen. That is quite the compliment coming from a Daddy of two boys. Notice him "sweeping" the front walk? Too cute.


Just had to complete the post with this little love bunny.
He is SUCH a cuddler...and mama's boy.

Next, and very much tied with the first...Sir James.
He is a lady's man for sure. This kid knows how to work the ladies...especially his Mother.

And how could I NOT include this one?
My little chickadee at his Aunt Nik's house:

11 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh i love those pictures of your boys! I am a little jealous of Jimmy's cute gapped teeth...I secretly always wanted a gap in my front teeth. And that little bird costume! Where on earth did you get that? II can't wait till he's about 16 and you bust that out for his girlfriend. What a doll!

Aim said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are just darling! I just want to squeeze them. I'm glad Brandon got to go back and visit the Lou-looks like the wedding was great, congrats Jeff! I'm glad Brandon got to stay with Ben and Denae, they are the best hosts! And I will have to agree with Brandon's comment, Taj is the sweetest, chubby-faced brown little guy ever. He is so good natured, and so sweet! Fun times!

The Linfords said...

WOW! I'm pretty sure I had crushes on every single boy in EVERY picture! ha ha! Jimmie has sure won me over with his little waves and lisp haha

Rachel Haack said...

Since having little girls the thought of little boys seems intimidating to me, until I look at your SO FLIPPING CUTE LITTLE MUNCHKINS I COULD EAT THEM. Seriously. I can't get over the chicky costume. Where do you get this stuff?! I remember James as a lion, and now this little chicken!? I'm dying...
And I love the new look on your blog. It is so you...

Rae

Ps. I'm so glad you appreciate my binging! If only we could be together on weekends like last...ahhh...move to Nevada! Not Utah!

Fawn Becker said...

Max looks sooooo much like you...what cute boys you have! I hope you can come over next week for a fun water day :)

Anonymous said...

love max in that chicken costume.
love jimmie's teeth-gap.
love your randomness in the first paragraph of this post (wink!)
love YOU.

Anonymous said...

Awww... Thanks for the sweet post. I just realized after Brandon left we didn't take any pictures. We're dumb. We were just so distracted by hanging out. Good though he got a picture of our house!!!:)
I love Max in the chickie costume. We have that one too & it never fails to make me giggle.
So you've got to post on my blog about blogging rules because noone is & I'm looking like a jerk!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joan! You're awesome!
Oh and THANKS for introducing us to monk-e. I don't know if Brandon told you, but I was up all night laughing about it. We are quite enjoying them.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures...that one of Brandon and all the guys....I think I have one of those from 8 years ago???? Looks like high school all over again....when did all those "kids" grow up? I can't believe it's been so many years. And I can't believe Jeff finally tied the knot! Go Jeff! When is your next trip up?

Anonymous said...

call me

thebusbyfamily said...

the comment from brandon. . .is blogging the only way he can get a hold of you? that only means one thing -- addiction. it's ok. we are all in it with you.

I had fun at the pool this morning. I didn't want to leave. let's plan on swimming with our families tomorrow night, if that works with you.