Summers in Phoenix are much like winters in cold, snowy cities: you spend a lot of time indoors trying to avoid the unpleasant elements. I find when I spend a lot of time inside I tend to eat "for fun" which is not such a good thing. I remember many moons ago when I was a thin, fit, vain, self-absorbed teen thinking, "Gosh, how do young Mothers 'let themselves go'?! Seriously! Do they sit around the house munching endlessly on high calorie snack foods or what?!" My response to the thin, fit, vain, self absorbed teenager Joan, "Why yes, my dear. That is what I do."
So, I have a yummy breakfast recipe and a little work-out routine to give you girls/boys a health boost. My cousin Helen just completed a figure contest and one of her favorite recipes that I learned is for Protein Pancakes. I am a sucker for the sugary, high carb breakfast, anything from the French toast, pancake, or waffle varieties. This recipe is far from the fluffy pancakes you are likely accustomed to. They are much heartier and oh so delish.
four egg whites
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 cup protein powder (any flavor)
cream the above ingredients
lightly sprinkle cinnamon and shaved almonds if desired
cook with PAM on a skillet until browned on both sides
add sugar free syrup and sliced fruit as topping
ENJOY!
Ps...Jimmie pointed to Billy today when I was doing the video and said, "Hey, Mom! I'm that guy!" haha.
Here's to Happy Health!

6 comments:
Joan you are the BEST! Your comment made me tear up. dont' you just love these babies!
I am going to have to try these pancakes. CAN'T WAIT to see you.
I am totally going to try the pancakes! mmmmm.....maybe for dinner tonight!
Love ya!
those pancakes look SOOOO good!!! i'm gonna try them tomorrow!
Nice Joan! Thanks! I'm in!
Hey, Brandon was telling me about your book about potty training in 3 days, but he couldn't tell me the name of it. Any ideas?
Mmmmm! Will those pancakes make me look hot like Auntie Hellie? 'Cause if so, I"ll eat them every day 'til I die.
You kill me, heart and soul you kill me. And of course, I'm going to try the pancakes, even if I won't do the tae bo - billy and I go way back... and not in a good way :)
Post a Comment