This kid is among the funniest I have ever known...
I might just be saying that because I am his mother -- although I'm pretty sure this picture can vouch for me:
I often call him a "Goofus." It's a combination between "doofus" and "goof."
Ten things that make Jimmie loveable:
1. He puts his arm around me and squeezes me tight when I lay in bed with him.
2. When he says his prayers he is thankful for Mom and Thomas the train...quite the honor to be tied with Thomas.
3. He is SO polite: "thank you so much Mom" and "you are so welcome!" are frequented phrases.
4. He is a sweet dancer...I think he learned his moves from his dad.
5. He is a genuinely thoughtful little boy...always concerned about his brother's well being.
6. His lisp is about the best thing ever. I will cry the day he loses it.
7. He refers to himself in the third person.
8. When he sings, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" it melts my heart...especially when he sings the line, "at times I am tempted to make the wrong choice."
9. He loves T. Bell hot sauce as much as his dad.
10. Insisted on watching Max's birth...kept telling my Mom, "NO, Nan. I want to see the baby!"
Picture Note: a few Sundays ago he walked around the house with his dad's old glasses on lugging his heavy scripture case and said, "I'm carrying these for Jesus!" (keep the lisp in mind)
He was pretending to be a missionary.
I LOVE my Jimmie!
He was pretending to be a missionary.
I LOVE my Jimmie!


16 comments:
So, so cute. Made me smile, laugh, and brought tears to my eyes all at once. I'm missing my kids right now, so it was great to read about yours.
Love you!
he is just too darn adorable! It makes me think of those bibs that say, "thank heavens for little boys!
We are so lucky to have two!
I can't wait for the day when they do leave for their missions (even though I know I will be bawling my eyes out!)
How I love Jimmie:) My heart just flutters when you post about him--is it possible that I feel a sibling love for him:) What a sweet boy.
Hi Joan! This is Kim's friend Emery. I just have to say that I LOVE this list. I've never met Jimmie, but now I love that little Goofus! Your blog is an awesome family memory book. Thanks for sharing your memories, and so eloquently at that! :)
oh my goodness joan. You've got the cutest little boy in the entire world!!! In that picture he looks just like how brandon did (photoshop in a rattail and he'll be identical)
I love your Jimmie too now. What a sweetheart. And that picture is just so sweet.
Precious. And so funny (that picture :) Love you guys!!
Three things I love about your Jimmie:
1. His round little boy head and toothy grin- I love toddler new teeth grins. To die for.
2. His total boy buzz, such a summer look with his indian tan body.
3. His obviously DARLING personality - which shines through in more than just this picture. SUCH A CUTIE. And I don't even live near you...I can just sense it from here!
Jimmie, you better want to date my Lily someday. You don't HAVE to marry each other...but the two of you side by side would be too cute.
Love it!
RAe
Unfortunetaly we have never had the pleasure of meeting. But I saw your name referenced on Jared's blog and have enjoyed reading your posts as well. I love the humor that you and jared show through your writing.
Champ
What a serious cutie. I'm a sucker for a little kid in glasses. Too cute.
I'm excited to see Mr. Goofus this weekend!!! :)
What a cute little boy he is. Sometimes you just wish you could freeze time so your kids would never grow up, at least I do.
Love the picture, it truly says it all.
He is such a cute little guy!
Where are you Joan!!?
Hey! Sorry that my comments have been so few lately. I have enjoyed the last few posts. I just love James! He's adorable!
You'd better not move without seeing us again! When can you come to dinner? Seriously?
Post a Comment