Sorry for the unexplained absence...
we have been busy partying it up
with our dear friends:
The Millers and The Eyres at Bear Lake.
Our Bear Lake reunions have been going on for the past four years
with these good people.
More pictures and details to come...
with our dear friends:
The Millers and The Eyres at Bear Lake.
Our Bear Lake reunions have been going on for the past four years
with these good people.
More pictures and details to come...
Max's face looks like it is melting off...poor baby.
And yes, I am purposefully posing my arm like that so I
don't get the dreaded "fat arm" in the picture.
And yes, I am purposefully posing my arm like that so I
don't get the dreaded "fat arm" in the picture.

14 comments:
I'm glad that you are back. It looks like you had a GREAT time! Your little family is so darn cute. I'd love to see more pics!
Okay, and I was DYING laughing when I read your comment about the whole posing to avoid "fat arm." You taught me about the strategic pose once when we went to girls camp and I have never forgotten. I try to lift my arm up as much as possible too! So if I look stupid in all my Christmas card pics with my arm slightly elevated, y'all can thank Joanie! :)
Okay, the first thing I noticed about that first picture was your awesome arm; I'm jealous! And your tan is great too. Looks like so much fun!
Oh, the lake is so much fun!!!! I'm glad to see you guys had fun, even though Max doesn't seemed to have liked it as much :)
I think I need to come work out with you or maybe do more You Tube Tai Bo!
I just keep telling myself that when it gets cooler, I'll start hiking again :)
Oh, and I always love your songs on your playlist :D
I'm totally stealing this picture from your blog. So cute are our husbands! I'll email you my pics when I get around to it. Be aware that I picked up the new Stephanie Meyer book today...so it could be a while. :) xoxo
That's funny you got yours at Costco b/c the Costco here was sold out and I had to buy mine at B&N.
Two things Mormon Mom's Love: Costco + those books. Ha!
Your arm looks hot! And it sounds like you guys had a fun vacation...how was little Max at the lake??
I am at once disgustingly jealous of your tan. Your creamy tan that even looks well moisturized! I could have really used that last week at my friend's wedding.
What I fun trip, and I concur! Those are some hot Dadd-ehz!!
Rae
I'm glad you're back!
And your arm looks totally buff, and I'm a pro at this so take it from me: I can tell it has nothing to do with the pose.
:)
Looks like fun...wish we could have seen you...but, we were in Europe! The boys look great...all three of them, and, as usual, you look beautiful. Hopefully, we will see you all soon.
The following is an excerpt from one of Joan's many posts.
"Brandon left for St. Louis on Friday night to attend his friend Jeff's wedding. I don't know what is wrong with me but when Brandon his gone I am useless and depressed. I seriously hardly function. After we dropped him off at the airport we went to the grocery store and bought a few necessities: mint double stuffed Oreos, a liter of Diet Dr. Pepper, and Snyder's Mustard and Onion pretzels...oh, and Jimmie got gold fishies and apple juice (a heck of a lot healthier than my selection). Pathetic, I know...he leaves and I become a junk food gorging, sobbing boob on the couch--potato.
Something we three have discovered the last two days:
Home just isn't home
without Daddy in it."
I promised I would comment and now she is very upset with me that I have yet to do so. So, here you go Joan....Forgive me please?
There is something I cannot explain or understand about a woman who loves her husband. That is that it is near devastating when he leaves town. Now, I know this isn't the case with every woman, but I am beginning to see that this is a much larger problem than I originally thought. I could approach this from a serious standpoint and tell you that my first wife hated it when I left for Business or scouts or anything overnight. And that I should have known there was a problem when she stopped complaining. But that would be a downer. So I will approach this from a standpoint of why men will never understand women. This is something we can all agree on.
My beautiful wife Kimberlee is a very independent woman. She handles our checking account and takes care of a million things that our kids are involved in. She teaches piano to a dozen kids and takes the time to rewrite music for the local city play. She has done and can do almost anything....ALL BY HERSELF. But when it comes to me being gone for any reason, she can't seem to handle that. I ask her.."baby, what is so bad about it. Why is it so hard. You slept alone for 3 years before you married me. Why is it any different?" She says that it "just is." She she can't explain it either. Until I read Joan's blog I thought it was just me. I figured that I was such an amazing husband and insanely gifted lover that my women couldn't stand the thought of being away from me for even one night. So thanks a bunch, Joan for bursting my bubble. Now I have documented evidence that not only Brandon, but dozens of other husbands are just as amazing as I am. Or at least their wives are just as attached to them as mine is to me. And here I thought I was something special.
Nope, it turns out that this has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with a wife's psyche. Now, I am no Freud, but in my less than expert opinion I will tell you what I think this is. Once a woman marries a man and becomes his better half, she becomes ......I am going to be beaten for saying this......NEEDY. She literally needs him to be there at the end of the day. It may not be for any particular reason. she can't explain it, but an otherwise perfectly whole woman becomes less than whole when her husband is away.
Here is the problem from a husband's point of view. What the heck are we supposed to do about it? I mean, unfortunately, many of our jobs require out of town time. I leave for maybe an average of 3 nights per month and rarely for more than 4. Some months I don't leave at all. But when I do, my poor wife falls apart on me. She stays up till 4AM being productive because she can't bare the thought of going to bed alone. She cries and worries and becomes all sullen, just like you Joan...for no really good reason except that I am not at home. It makes me feel terrible. I don't really have any control, nothing I say makes it better and unlike with the kids, I can't just bring her home a present and make it worth it for me to be gone.
So, here is what I know about this. I know that for some reason, this seemingly abnormal behavior is completely normal for a lot of women out there. I know, that I am really nothing special.....dang it. And I know that any man that gets upset when his wife complains or gets sad when he leaves.....needs to SHUT UP. Be grateful, be thrilled that your woman loves you so much that she can't bear to sleep without your goodnight kiss. Be so satisfied with a marriage that has your wife missing you so much, even when you are only gone for a night or two. Trust me, I have had it both ways...and even though my beautiful Kimberlee is a near basket case while I am gone, I wouldn't trade that for the alternative any day of the week.
Sweet... that's how you get rid of the fat arm!
The only thing cuter than your boys is their mom! You look amazing Joan! Glad you guys have had a good summer!
Okay, so funny you commented on your arm, I was looking at it thinking, "Dang Gina, she is so freakin' toned and tan!" I love it!
And so glad you are back, we just got back last week and reality is not as much fun... but after catching up I now get to go on and look at what I've been missing and smile and enjoy :)
Oh, and Brandon is of course the handsomest and hottest, even with his shirt on :) And the kids are the cutest, of course!
joanie! so i ran across your blog on ashley (updikes)! This is so funny that you know the eyres. I went to highschool with them and was good friends with noah's little bro. small world! looks like your little family is doing well... until the next big Thanksgiving shindig!
Post a Comment