Yesterday I spent the day with a herd of teenagers (the young women and young men from church) at Canyon Lake water skiing, wake boarding, cliff jumping, eating, listening to music, and swimming in the lake. I seriously felt like a kid again. At random moments during the day my heart would race and in a panic I would think, "Oh NO! Where is Max? Is Jimmie okay?" They were both home with Dad aka "SUPER Dad" (who quite successfully worked from home and shockingly kept a fairly clean house) while Mom was basking in the 12 hours of frivolity and freedom. Can I get an "amen" for vacations, (even if it is an hour at Barnes and Noble--ps: highly recommend that vacation destination), from all you driven, devoted, and often desperate :) mothers?
By the way, I've decided I use parenthesis too much in my writing. Sorry 'bout that.
By the way, I've decided I use parenthesis too much in my writing. Sorry 'bout that.

9 comments:
Amen to vacations!! I go to Girls camp the first week in August and I am looking forward to it...no baby for a week! I will miss him like crazy but it will be nice to get away! :) Oh and I got a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble for my b-day, can't wait to go!
AMEN!! i had a complete blast at the lake with you and the "herd of teenagers" i love my calling!
AMEN. Even if it's 30 minutes, you know?! love you
What a beautiful day you must have had:) I can just imagine you basking in the sunshine and soaking up your ywgirls. Did you find a suit you liked?
I am dying to see you!! (not in a swimsuit...just in general... as a friend.)
Fun, fun, fun....I would LOVE to do some cliff jumping....and water skiing....and, well, just anything in the water in general! But, alas, I am doing laundry at 1:14 AM, finishing the last song for the musical, and trying to pack four kids for their various "vacations" to "other" parents, pack for Europe, pack for camping this weekend, and pack for 7 peaks...tomorrow!
Love ya!
Amen Amen Amen!
And I'm the comma queen so I can forgive you for the abuse of parenthesis if you can forgive me for pausing too often in literary conversation.
I'm so glad you had a whole fun day baby free! I feel guilty I enjoy it so much sometimes. There is nothing like having to feed only yourself, unload only yourself from the car, and only worry about your own bathroom runs for a few hours. Then you miss the little bundles of joy, and can happily head back into your strangely blissful captivity until the next trip to Target (or wherever) SOLO.
So Amen! to vacations, and Amen! to a husband sweet enough to hold down the fort while you take them every once in a while.
Rae
Glad you got to "let your hair down" and feel like a teenager again -- it's good to feel young again, eh?
wonder when i'll feel that way again? hope it's not too long :)
How fun! What a great little vacation! And what better way to spend a hot Phoenix summer day than to bask at the lake! And you know, since you have a hot bod and look like you might still be a young woman, you totally fit in perfectly I'm sure :)
Fun! The pics on the previous post are so cute too. Summer, despite the heat here, is still so great.
Post a Comment