Monday, July 14, 2008

Monsoons, Camping, and Family Room Forts

Here are a few pictures from our weekend adventures:

Jimmie's Fort

The Monsoon left us a delightful gift: our very own
swimming pool and hours of play.


A good Sabbath day activity, right?
Speaking of the Sabbath--swimming suits are
against our religion ;)


Max and Daddy in the tent.
Thank you, Max for the 5:20am wake up call.


9 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

i love the naked swimming in the backyard. jimmie has a cute bum!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh.. in that first swimming picture I thought there was something in the water and it was about to get Jimmie's bum! And then I realized it was his toy dinosaur. I was really scared! And then I saw the other one to the side and thought it was some sort of reptile... and then realized again it was a toy... What's wrong with me???

Cute pictures though! I love forts!

Rachel Haack said...

I would KILL for a good rainstorm like that right now. We are all choking to death on smoke from California fires. Bleeehhh. It's like winter here because you can't go outside. Only worse, because you know it actually is warm and you should be out in it before real winter hits!

Jimmie is in heaven, you can just tell. Isn't it so fun to have a toddler? Life just gets so fun with their enthusiasm. And you can never be mad at early morning wake-up calls when they are so darn cute (Max and his little morning cute face...I love it!).

Your comment on my blog had me totally laughing. So funny. I can just see you sitting their next to the man, SO polite and conversational and Joan, while also simultaneously being genuinely perplexed and grossed out by the back hair. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it! Seriously hilarious.
Oh gosh, I love that we can keep in touch this way.

Rae

Rachel Haack said...

Oh wait! One more thing...

We love Jason Mraz! Tyler was excited when he heard it playing on your blog while I was reading!Tyler was semi obsessed for a while. When he is feeling goofy and naughty...he sings the Butterfly song to me. Yeah, I shouldn't have shared that. Lol.


I'm done!

Long-winded

Rachel Haack said...

their = a possessive form for they
there= a place...like over "there"


I know, I know, I know. Oops.

Unknown said...

Water is the best toy ever! Did you guys go camping? We did, too! The boys loved it!

I saw the poop pictures and was just astounded! I felt so SORRy for both of you!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! Crazy rain! You guys don't usually get that, right?
You are a great fort maker. Wish you were here because we attempted that last week & it was pretty weak.
I had a dream last night that I woke up & Taj had poop all over himself & the crib & I called you right away. I'm pretty sure that was for you.

Rachel Haack said...

Oh Joanie,

I love you for loving me because you love yourself and I love you because I love you and love myself and therefore am glad we love each other.

Love

Rae

We get each other.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I LOVE naked boys! Especially your naked boys!....But, I am very, very glad that Brandon wasn't out in the buff with them....although, I think I may have a picture of him strutting his stuff...a few decades ago!

Love you!