Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Many Faces of Jimmie and Max

You just don't get a more "Jimmie" face than this one. His brow is his most distinguishable feature. But gosh, those eyes get me every time.If you ever wanted to see what it would look like to smile and frown all at once...here you go:
This is classic Max. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
He has been throwing his head back and scrunching up his face a lot lately...just being plain old silly and I like it.
This one is my favorite b/c he growls, "OH" while making this face.

12 comments:

Jess said...

My fave pic is James Frowning/smiling face! So dang cute.
So you didn't use any of my song recs huh? I guess none of them are as appropriate as "Don't worry be happy" for these groups of pictures though.
Love you Joan.

your sis,

Jess

Fawn Becker said...

Hi Joan!
We decided not to have our little swim party since we have been going out of town to Page Springs so much lately. So, lets do a playdate soon. Are you guys going to be moving soon? I sure hope not!

Rachel Haack said...

I love your children. And you.


Rae

Anonymous said...

You are killing me with those cute kids!!! I long to see you all and kiss them bunches. (I hear you will be in Utah soon!!! Jacob starts BYU Provo in a couple of weeks and we will have a reason to visit again...so we will look you up). Hey, I noticed in one of your blogs you said "thank you" to Richard and Linda Eyre; is that the same Eyre's who have written my favorite books? "Teaching Your Children Joy", "Teaching Your Children Responsibility", "I Didn't Mean to Be a Witch"...etc.
If it is, tell them this mother of 8 in her early years of motherhood hung onto all their words of wisdom and contribute a lot of my positive feelings about motherhood and children to them and their approach to families and their rearing:)
Love always...Alexis

shannon said...

too cute!
hopefully these boys will imprint on my girls. :) i'm almost done with that stupid book! ah! let it be over already!!!!!!!

thebusbyfamily said...

I think little max-o takes the cake on the funny-face-making contest! those last pictures are hilarious! also, I agree, jimmie's eyes ARE amazing.

Unknown said...

A child's face is medicine. It's just good for the soul; plain and simple :)
Do you think your kids look alike? I didn't with my kids, but then I look at thomas' baby pics and think wow, they do look so much alike :D

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I love your boys....and all their faces. I miss seeing them in "real life"....soon, I hope!

I miss you all terribly.....

shannon said...

PS-I'm totally hating the stupid book right now. I want it to be over already. I'm tempted to just ask someone how it finishes. Blah!

Kate said...

I thought I left you a comment on your last post. I wrote it and everything but must have forgotten to press publish! Lame! I basically said, "I hear ya girl! We all have thoughts like that! It's totally normal!"

Anyways, those boys of yours are cuties! I especially like the one of Jimmie smiling and frowning all at the same time! Does it get cuter then that???

Anonymous said...

oh sweet boys. Brown eyes just know how to melt you. They kill me. We are still sad you hadn't moved to Utah yet!!! Someday we'll cross paths.

Anonymous said...

don't ever get out of the baby-making business -- you're so good at it :) cute, cute boys.