Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jimmie Stories


I came home from a quick errand the other night to Jimmie yelling "Joanie! I need you!" from his bed. I put down my purse and hurried upstairs to find him lying in his bed with his arms outstretched, "Joan, I need you."
For those of you who don't know, Jimmie refuses to call me "Mom, Mother, or Mama." No, I am "Joan" occasionally "Joanie" and almost never "Mom." I am hoping this is a phase while attempting to not be bothered.
Okay, so back to the story...as you can see in the picture Jimmie wrapped his arm around my neck which in all honestly is more like a headlock partly b/c he has short arms and also b/c he doesn't want me going anywhere. Then he turns to me and says, "Mom, can Daddy just go back to work?" GASP! He actually called me "Mom"!? Not only that, I thought it was hilarious that he wanted Daddy to go back to work so he could have me all to himself!

Second and final story: This morning Jimmie and I were in the shower (an activity that may be getting a little awkward and you will see why in just a minute). Out of no where Jimmie turns to me and says "Hey, you don't have a weiner anymore?!" I responded with a chuckle and said, "No Jimmie, I am a girl. I have never had a wiener."

NEVER a dull moment with this child in my life.

14 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

HA HA HA hah ahhahahaha! All stories are great and I love Jimmie! Love, love, love his sweet, honest personality.

Kate said...

This had me laughing out loud! Sure wish I knew him in real life. He seems like a hoot! And funny that he doesn't call you mom! My friends little girl did that, and I think it was a phase. She calls them mom and dad now. Not to worry!

K said...

SUCH a mama's boy! How priceless!!I remember telling my mom that I "needed" her--that child like love is so beautiful. Parenthood is wonderful:)

Anonymous said...

shower story = funny.
night time hug/headlock = so sweet! i LOVE little boys. love 'em right to bits!

Danielle said...

Joan...I need you too. (Don't tell Jimmie though).

That shower story is pretty funny. I am enjoying this phase of Avery's life where she can't talk.

YOU always crack me up! and have I mentioned how good you are for my self esteem? seriously.

Unknown said...

heheheheheeeee :D So funny! Thomas calls is constantly calling his dad Damond. Occasionally it's "Damond Farar" which sounds alot like me, when I am about to get "mad" at Damond :D

That's so sweet of him to want you, both my boys cry for their dad :( Which is always a bummer to me, but it's still sweet to see how much they adore their dad :)

Fawn Becker said...

Oh Joanie...what a cutie little Jimmie is.

LilMisfit said...

That kid is a total crack up! He had me totally laughing the other night. And I was very impressed with how LATE he could stay up. A total night owl! I think you know what to get him for Christmas. It starts with a C- and ends with
-ARS, the movie. It was so great to see you guys!

eyre blog said...

I really can't stand how cute he is. What a true gem!

Aim said...

HA HA! K, how old is Jimmie again? He seriously cracks me up, and I loved the pic of you guys in bed. That is so funny how he doesn't call you mom! Where did he learn that? I'm sure it will be just a phase. :) And all boys call "mama" when they really need you.

Rachel Haack said...

I'll admit that blogging is a double edge sword- I can be swallowed whole for hours reading about other people's lives - people I don't even know! But...on the plus side...I get to know adore Jimmie and Max! It's like I know Jimmie so much more than if the last meeting had been when he was just a little baby!
Your posts about your kids are always hilarious and good for the ol'soul!

Thank heavens for your blog, otherwise look what we'd miss!


rae

Rachel Haack said...

And the fact he calls you "Joan" completely melts me. How stinking cute.

And don't worry, I used to call my parents by their names too apparently - and it didn't last long. Now just " ol' lady" and "pops" work fine.
Kidding.

rae

Amanda Wilson said...

That is soooo funny. Cute Jimmy. I love your hair by the way. I think it is impossible for you to ever look bad.

Ben said...

Hmmm... interesting that he's been showering with you for a while & feels confident you had weiner before Joan. Maybe a little extra expanation for that one.
Taj all of a sudden has been calling me "Nae" & Ben "Ben". I hope it doesn't stick!