
Why is it that exercise and I have a love/hate relationship?! I went for a little jog yesterday for the first time in many moons (slight exaggeration...but not by much). I decided I was going to go and I put on my sports bra (actually, make that "bra" plural...Anne, you know where I am coming from), strapped Max into the running stroller (Jimmie was still in Houston with my Mom visiting family) and off we went in the 90 degree weather (yeah, I know...and it was only 8am).
Hate: By the time I was finished my tomato red face was coated in salty sweat and I even felt the first signs of heat stroke: nausea and dizziness.
WOW! What fun!? Don't you just love to start your day with a good work-out?! Gosh, with that dizzy, throw-up feeling I might as well be pregnant! At least I am creating another human life!? Not to mention the fact that this whole work-out thing is self imposed?
Love: On the other hand...the endorphins were flowing and I did feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "I look like H. But that must mean I worked really hard, right?" I would also like to include in the "love" category that I lose weight when I work out...that is simply not the case. The old adage goes, "You are what you eat." And that could not be more true for me. Workout shmerkout. That's what I always say. Just not this week :)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Love/Hate
Posted by Joan at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
LOVE IT! And I completely agree....I work out ONLY because I WANT to eat EVERYTHING! I have started swimming...training for that triathlon I really WANT to do....I just don't like the "working out" part! Anyways, wish I even WANTED to run...figure I'll start doing that a little later...I'll get my swimming and biking up to par....BTW, I have a VERY VERY LARGE and HEAVY box coming...it's still in the garage, as soon as I figure out who can ship it the cheapest, it'll be on its way to you....it's mostly for my Jimmie...but, I didn't forget my sweet little Max.
Sooooo true! I cannot believe you ran outside--you are nuts! I have been trying to run 3 miles when I go to they gym or 2 miles and then do weights & it is honestly so hard but when I get home I am so stinking proud of myself. And, I bet you miss Jimmie soooo much! Oh, are you guys still moving??
Hahaha. I actually had to go buy some sports bras yesterday to start this up myself. You make it sound very tempting to drop everything i'm doing now to get that killer work out!
hmm...yeah I know what you mean about the sports bras...except since I had Avery, I feel like when I venture past a fast walk, my whole midsection needs a bra too. Excercise would be so much easier if I were just in better shape;)!
I am proud of you!
all i have to say is:
you & me. wednesday. 8:00am. south mountain.
you WILL love it.
I completely relate to the love/hate.
Love that I feel very powerful and strong after a good workout. Hate that I look at other women in the gym, and for some completely UNFAIR reason their faces don't have the blotchy red rash and profuse sweat dripping into their eyes (like me).
Love that I get away from life and can listen to good jams. Hate that I have to learn to download the jams onto my ipod myself(still don't know how).
Love that you inspired me to give the ol' workout a try. Hate that I will probably end up channeling such inspiration into sorting through my junk mail or blog stalking. Bleh.
Love you. Hate that we live so far apart, wouldn't it be so fun to run together?!!!
Rae
I hear ya! I've been in a major slump for several years. Time to get my butt in gear, but it's so hard! Ever tried yoga?? It's awesome!
HA! I sooo know what you mean about double sporty! Totally ran on the new treadmill last night with 2 sportsbras and still flopped around like crazy. So not fair. Keep it up, girl. I'm JUST getting started again, too. And I honestly haven't worked out regularly and hard since you and I used to go to Golds all the time (YEah like 6 years ago!)
I second everything you said Joan! Working out is great but it can be so hard!!!
Hmmm, working out. I love that a lot of people do it and they buy their supplements from me. Unfortunately I am too bus helping all the others get into shape to actually consider doing it myself.
As for the sports bras.....Well, it wont be long before I will be wearing a sports mansier myself if I am not careful. And there are lots of women who would kill to have the need for multiple sports bras my dear. Count your blessings...name them one by one. haha
Post a Comment