Thursday, October 23, 2008

All Will Be Well...


I don't know how many of you are struggling financially as the economy continues to flounder but we are. It is not a secret.
I am not going to be the parent that refuses to disclose to my kids how much dad makes or how much the mortgage or water bills are. Parents do their children an injustice by not openly discussing money. Not that I want them worrying about it late into the night...but they will not be financially ignorant either.
Amidst all the stress and frantic searching for side jobs for extra cash I feel a sense of hope and rich blessings. I have two healthy sons (not only are they healthy--they are deliciously darling), I have a husband that I not only like as a friend but admire and adore on every level, I have family near and far who love us deeply and are endlessly generous, and I know my purpose in life. I know who I am. And. I even like myself.
With all that being said keep in mind that we are doing just fine. Sincerely. Don't worry or anything. Silly waste of energy if you ask my Mom :)
Ultimately: "All Will Be Well."
ps: thanks for the musical treasure, Anne.
Oh...I found the dandelion picture here.

8 comments:

Talia said...

This is so weird, I don't know if you remeber me, but we were in the lookout mtn ward with you guys like two years ago. we were only there for like 9 months. i cant believe that i stumbled on your blog but im glad i did. it looks like you guys have been doing great. i hope everything goes well for you guys take care--Talia Smith

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been one year! I love that last face! It seems like he and Alex are more serious than Jimmy and Thomas are :D

By the way: You are looking great!
Way to go!!!!
and so is your mom! Will you let her know that I always loved her YW lessons. I have always admired her honesty and straight-fowardness! I see it in you as well :)
and I am really sad that I didn't get to watch Kye and Bina grow up-they, too, seem to be of high caliber :D

The Skeehan Family said...

Honey, I love you. It's interesting, I was watching conference thinking how so many people in the world much look at the well-kept audience and speakers and choir (especially the darling children's choir). But then I thought, it's the relationships that we have that matter - that's all that matters. Our relationship with Heavenly Father, with ourselves and with our family.

It looks like you are right on target my dear.

And thank you for the beatiful thank-you note. It is a treasure.

thebusbyfamily said...

i'm glad you are my friend. i think you are a good influence and i appreciate your outlook on life.

i LOVE that picture.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

We can relate...and admire you guys for always putting first what matters most in life. We love you...and, we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers....love you...give my boys (all three) a little snuggle for me.

Rachel Haack said...

I. HEAR. YOU.

I realize that the fact I'm in the facade house instantly discredits any financial woes I might complain about...but regardless of that...we've had to REALLY clamp down and are just as worried about anyone about future layoffs, slowing work, etc. It has been somewhat of a stressful nightmare! (My Dad's biz was hit really hard, our own personal investments disappeared in ONE DAY...the list goes on)

It's so crazy that you post something about this...I was thinking a lot about you guys lately wondering if all of this stuff has hit you hard too.
But- on the bright side- as you mentioned, you are absolutely right that tough times help you to get real about what REALLY matters. And my dear, I think we can both agree our lives are RICH RICH RICH.

Doesn't mean we won't have stress, or side jobs. I just agreed to nanny a two year old little boy full time myself! I think it is a blessing for both of us. He allows me to be home with my girls, I will provide him with love and comfort no daycare can rival!

Prayers. Tithing. You will be fine!

RAe

Anonymous said...

Joan, thank you for the honesty in your posts. It's refreshing. You really do cause a girl to want to read and keep coming back. :) I feel like Teddy Ruxpin (remember him?) ... "Hi my name's Teddy Ruxpin. Can you and I be friends?" :)

Again, thanks for posting! And good to see you at Kim and Jared's sealing!

Dan and Ashley said...

Hey Joan,
I'm enjoying reading/catching up on your blog. I love your writing. These times are challenging and you are not alone! Dan and I are having tough times as well just trying to live on one income and watching our savings dive everyday and sometimes it seems like an endless road. But I have so much hope and know if we do what is right things will work out. Thank you for reminding us all of all the wonderful blessings we do have and how fortunate we really are with the things that truly matter. Keep your chin up! :)