We had the October birthday party at our house this year (we missed Kristen...and it would have been nice to have Bec too). There are five family birthdays in a row: October 17th: Helen & Max, 18th: my Dad (Udo), 19th: Bec and 20th: Kristen.
We celebrated with food (marinated pork loin--my Mom is the meat master, always glamorous spinach and feta salad from A. Sharon, and finally the calorie binge of all calorie binges: funeral potatoes--that was my contribution, oh--and cake from Brian aka: Safeway's bakery). There are few things more enjoyable than to eat and be together.




13 comments:
Bella,
It's Princess Leia. Email me, I have a pregunta for you.
amy@corbinfinancial.com
Danka,
Leia
Yea for fun Birthdays!! Love the banner and the cute frames you have on the wall...cute cute cute! And the cake looked to DIE for!
oh, happy birthday, everyone! that sign you made is awesome, joan (i heart your handwriting :) wish we could have been there to celebrate (and eat) with y'all!
miss you!
ps - you are so blonde and thin and gorgeous! wow. seriously.
Hey ms. joan! How are you? Looks like a blast. Your little Max is too cute!
lauren waldrom willis
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!
And Joan, the hair...whoa. Hot. sexy. And nikki.
I seriously had to do a double take thinking it was nikki holding max!
Ah, I can't believe it has already been a year since you birthed AN ELEVEN POUND BABY - AT HOME - NATURALLY. And what a cute baby at that...I think his signature frown is more of a curious sort of shock...he is saying "Seriously Mom, you made it? After having me?"
rae
WOW! I cannot believe he is 1 year old. Time seriously flies!
That banner was awesome! Did you make that? I could never do anything that artistic. And I love that last picture of Max. Classic.
I LOVE the cake face! That's hilarious, it's like - what? what's the problem here? It's just cake mom. No biggie :)
And have to agree, the sign is darling
And sooooooo glad you were part of the halloween festivities, wouldn't have been as great without you.
there's just something about that first birthday. . .
always a fun celebration! and maybe a little sad too, because you baby isn't so much a baby anymore :(
looks like fun!
Happy Birthday to all!!! Your hair looks gorgeous too!!!
p.s. when am I getting my birth email!!?
Happy birthday Max-baby! We absolutely LoVeD having you over during our special week! You guys are so amazing, and we love you so, so much. Our boys miss your boys! We should totally fly them out for a little Jimmie-Max time.
joan, is that seriously you in the first pic? I totally thought it was nikki. Geez long haired skinny chick! You look hot. and I wish I could have been there too. What a party it would have been! I love ya!
Post a Comment