
Story #1: I was laying in bed yesterday, having an hour snooze when Jimmie walks in quietly (he was supposed to be napping himself but instead played trains in his room without me noticing). He laid down next to me and then proceeded to lift up my...we'll call it my "under shirt." He then started to touch my tummy and kind of press on it as if he were giving me some little tummy massage or something. He pulled down my shirt after a minute or two and then said, "Mom, will you make my tummy feel better now?" So, I pulled up his shirt and did the same thing to his tummy. He had his eyes closed and was trying desperately not to laugh. Finally, he opened his eyes and said, "Okay, Mom it's your turn again." We continued this same pattern for five minutes or so and then he asked, "Mom, can I make your 'boo-boos' (yes, as in boobie, breast, whatever you want to call it) feel better now?" I tried to hold in a chuckle and said, "Um, no I think Mom's booboos are okay for now. How about my back?" He was not satisfied with my attempt at distracting him from the ever exciting "booboos" so he said, "Well, can I just see them?" In an attempt to not make things awkward (ie: I never want to be the mom who makes their sons or daughters feel ashamed or embarrassed about their body or my body or nudity in general. Not that I want them parading around in the nude...but I don't want to make an issue out of a non-issue). I pulled down my shirt just a bit and said, "See, there are Mommy's booboos. But they are private so how about you make Mommy's back feel better now?"
To my great relief he relented and I was able to distract him and focus on making Mommy's back feel better.
Story #2: I asked Jimmie to come to my room and play trains in the bathroom while I put on my make-up...so I could be with him. Max was having his morning nap and I wanted to enjoy the precious one on one time with James. Essentially, I was trying to kill two birds with one stone: put on my make-up and be with Jimmie (even though I wasn't actively participating with him).
He said, "No, Mom. I don't like you."
"But Jimmie, that makes me sad when you say that. It is rude to say that to Mom"
After a moments thought he replied, "Um, I don't like you please?"
A few of you asked how I received free tickets to the museum. Click HERE.
Find the pdf file on the bottom of the page, fill it out, and send it in. The C.M. of Phx gives out 25,000 tickets a year!? I just explained (on the form) that b/c of the floundering economy and the fact that my husband is in real estate our budget just wouldn't allow us to spend 30 dollars for us to visit the museum. I got ten tickets in the mail within two weeks of filling out the form.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Jimmie Stories Part II
Posted by Joan at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Love the stories...miss you guys tons. I found some cute little things for Max today...Yippy. And FINALLY found dresses for me two very different girls.
See you in a few days! Give the boys a love for me.
Joan, I love these stories! And I'm totally on the same wavelength with regard to ensuring my children (as of yet, unborn) have healthy attitudes toward their bodies and all that encompasses... so interesting situation with Jimmie! You handled it very well. :)
haha. How cute is he?! I read these stories to Jayson and we both laughed pretty hard. Mack and I have had some pretty funny conversations about my booboos and I've wanted to blog about them but I'm not quite sure how to do so in a classy G rated way. But you've proven it can be done so maybe I'll give it a shot.
btw... I love your music selections. Guess we have similar taste in music. :)
Your stories are always so great! I wonder if Charlie will be as interested in my booboos since he didn't nurse? Does that make kids more aware of them?
he's such a boy . . . let the obsession begin!
the second story cracked me up! at least he's polite when he's in a bad mood!
I'm so glad you are making this a series thing...because they make my day bright. Just now, my friend Casady and I are sitting laughing out loud at how cute he is.
The nudity/sexuality issue with kids is like the fine print at the bottom of the contract for me when having kids: stuff I didn't realize, nor do I want to be signed up for, but a part of the deal!
We noticed when Lily could no longer bath/shower with Daddy when her focus starting narrowing to the male region...lol.
Plus, Tyler totally freaks out when he used to change Lily's diaper (we are almost completely potty trained - whoop eee!)...she would begin feeling around there...purely innocent self exploration, just seeing what was under that diaper...and he would start screaming that I needed to come change her because he was feeling way too uncomfortable! Lol. Oh the joys of having little monkeys in the house...
rae
ps...and shame on me too, I've been way too busy to even post a comment lately, but of course am also up to date on reading your lovely posts!
"Um, I don't like you please?"
That is HILARIOUS! That is going to be one of those legendary stories you tell when he is a teenager.
Cracked me up!
SOOOOOOOO polite Master Jimmie!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! How absolutely hilarious. Seriously you win for funniest posts. Honestly :)
Post a Comment