Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Very Own Edward

Pretty amazing that my once homophobic husband is willingly wearing face make-up and eyeliner, don't you think?

Yeah, so I'm trying way too hard to look like a vampire in this one...notice the teeth marks in my neck?

Me and B dressed up as Edward & Bella (vampire version of Bella--for those of you who've read the series) for an adults only Halloween party that was straight out of a Martha Stewart catalog. As much as I'm one to exaggerate on a regular basis: In this particular case, I am NOT exaggerating whatsoever. We're talking little coffin shaped brownies, white chocolate dipped pears with ghost faces, delicious soup served in a pumpkin, bread shaped like a snake, and the decor was top notch. It was too fun. Thank you Karyn, Mimi, and Vanessa!
Happy Halloween Eve!

17 comments:

Amanda Wilson said...

Once again Joan, you are a beautiful vampire Bella. And Brandon, looking good with the eyeliner. I think you guys should send that photo in and see if you can be the stars of Breaking Dawn because honestly, Brandon looks more like the Edward I imagined than the one that is starring in Twlight. Maybe he will grow on me. Anyway, you guys look great and I love that you went all out for Halloween. Such a fun holiday!

Unknown said...

You are definitely the Bella in the last book, because you are SO Beautiful! and I agree I think Brandon does look more like Edward
Way to go, finding a costume that would make you look FABULOUS! :D

Marie Lefler said...

Nice eyeliner. Love the Bella/Edward costume. Good work!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

WOW! Brandon with make-up....that's very reminiscent of our childhood....me, putting his hair in piggy tails, finger nail polish, and lots of makeup....he's much cuter now, and he looks better in make-up.....AWESOME!

Mrs. Cropper said...

ha! I love that Brandon is up for whatevs. You guys look great. I miss you.

shannon said...

That birthday video is fabulous!
What a treasure! Sweet sweet boy.

Danielle said...

Ha. clever!

Rachel Haack said...

Brandon- eyeliner suits you.

How fun, we were duds this year. No dressing up. But it still was fun!

I'm so mad, my computer doesn't have speakers at the moment so I can't watch little Jimmie on the computer with sound! Ahhh! Gotta get Tyler to remedy the situation.


Rae

Talia said...

You guys look so good as bella and edward. im so glad that you remember me. I found your blog just by clicking on other people's to see cute ideas and stuff and i seen a name that said brandon and joan and thought hey i used to know a brandon and joan.and it turned out to be you guys. keep in touch
http://jedtaliasmith.blogspot.com--Talia

Aim said...

OK, um WOW!! You guys are perfect! What a cool idea, and the bite marks and eyeliner?!? Priceless. I totally agree with Amanda, in that Brandon should be the real Edward(I hope the Edward in the movie grows on me too!). Anyway, I loved that you dressed up and that it was so original! And Joan you look gorgeous, I am obsessed with your long hair, how do you let it grow? Mine drives me crazy and then I cut it. :(

Anonymous said...

Love it. You're so pretty, joan.

Fawn Becker said...

Hey Joan! What were the boys for Halloween? You were missed at our party.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so did you HAVE to mention the white chocolate dipped pears?!? Now it's all I can think about! I wish you could have taken pictures of this extravaganza! I want to go to a Martha Stewart party!
So Joan... Bella never has bite marks on her neck though! Right? Nice costumes though guys.

Fawn Becker said...

Ha! No I did not think you were vain. Did you guys have a trunk or treat? We did, it was the same gross chili and cornbread :( How come there is never a church lasagna cookoff???

Kate said...

I think you look better then the one's they have casted for the movie!

Dan and Ashley said...

LOVE the outfits! :)

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you got brandon to wear make up! you look beautiful as usual!! and i love the picture of Jimmie's big smile :-)