So, we decided to cheat a bit this year and have Christmas come a little earlier than usual. We began setting up our tree at the beginning of this month and have been gradually adding Christmas decor to the house which of course just makes it feel so cozy and inviting. I think we'll have Christmas in November every year :)
We bought a ten foot pencil tree last year at an after Christmas sale at Tai-Pan along with a heap o' ornaments. It was SO fun digging out our purchases from last year for our enjoyment this year! The big disco ball ornament is my very favorite.




17 comments:
Oh goodie, now I am not alone. My tree is up but I have not put ornaments on since Kai has been throwing stuff at the tree :( I think my Pier 1 ornaments will stay in boxes this year...boys! You house looks so pretty & festive & I love your wreath.
Your decorations are beautiful! I have been listening to 99.9, because I find that Christmas music just puts me in such a good mood :)
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful and dear family :)
Well I have to say that I used to be kind of anti decorating early, but I am starting to come around...because why not? I mean if its cold and yucky outside, why not have it be warm and festive and cheery inside? Your house looks positively inviting. Love the stockings. I love that you are saving them for your someday children. And I am a little jealous of your after-Christmas sale purchases. Why am I not that smart? Maybe this year.
So, so cute! Glad the tree and ornaments made it all the way to Arizona....especially after flying off the roof of the car on the way home! Yippy for holiday cheer!
totally listening to christmas music right now! you are so much fun, joan! your mantel is dar. i'm thinking about having a christmas mantel celebration on my blog--i hope you will participate!!
So FUN! I'm excited to put our stuff when we get home!
I totally did the same thing with stockings! I bought 4 and am "saving" the extras for kids to come! Ha! Great minds think alike!!
:)
HEY!
Thought of you this morning while reading the paper:
www.twilightseriesjewelry.com
Hope you are well... LOVING your Christmas!
Amy
I'm so excited for Christmas I can hardly stand it--and thanks to your inspiration, we have listened to Christmas music all day and Bill and I are putting up Christmas decor, drinking eggnogg and watching a Christmas movie for date night! Yay!!
I love how you think of "cutesie" almost as a negative. I totally get what you mean, and there is nothing "cutesie" about the stockings. They are darling, as are Max's cute baby teeth.
And you're probably wondering why I never emailed you back...my email is down and I haven't had tyler fix it yet. It won't let me type anything!
MEEERRRRRYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSS!
I love it. I love it.
You have such great style, Joan. Can you come get my house all festivized? I need an infusion of freshness in my holiday decor -- i think your touch would be just perfect.
I love it and I especially love the mantle! The stockings are perfect! I got a disco ball with the lights for my tree this year too but its red, I will post when I get it up. Hey, you only get to enjoy Christmas stuff for one month, why not have it up sooner?
Thanks a lot Joan. Now Kim is saying "hey let's set up our Christmas decorations early." Geeze. We haven't even taken down some of our Halloween decor. Oh well. Actually, I love it and I am glad to set them up early. I am the most Christmasie guy you will ever meet. I painted a whole Christmas village a few years ago. Its not that great but its festive. Not only that but our tradition that will never change is the TSO concert. We saw that on Thursday. What an amazing show it is. So sad it was on Sunday down in Phoenix this year. Next year we want to come down there and see it with you guys again. Christmas without your family is like a dirt cup made with real dirt instead of Oreos.
What cute photos of my little grand kids! I wish I could just squeeze them right now. Well, looks like the tree survived the trip back to Arizona! How much fun is Christmas with new things! We love you guys! xo Sue
You are truly the cuttest person I have ever known.LOVE Christmas in november. I just ordered White Christmas from amazon, as soon as it comes lets have christmas movie night:-) I love you so much. LOVE HELLIE
Happy Christmas in November! Oh & Thanskgiving!
Im jealous of anyone who already has their tree up and decor out. Yours is so cute too. I just went to Tai Pan for the first time 2 days ago and it looks like it will have to hit the after christmas sales for next year, what a great idea.
You would get along all too well with my best friend, who consistently refers to Thanksgiving as a "kick-off holiday" to Christmas. I love the ornaments and the mistletoe. Apparently I need to go shopping with you sometime and learn the ways of finding good deals on holiday decor.
Post a Comment