Friday, November 7, 2008

Maximus Prime

The moment I pulled out the camera he leaned forward in anxious anticipation for a picture and gave me a big open mouthed smile.

He loves his Daddy...and his teddy.
Can I also mention that I am obsessed with his little chipmunk teeth?! They are the cutest!
He looks like such a big boy on Jimmie's Thomas train (gratis: G'ma & G'pa Koplin)

Thank you for all of your thoughtful/heartfelt comments on my last post...On a much happier note: I think it is about time I talk about my little Max (thus the title of the post--one of his many nicknames as I'm sure you figured).
He is walking and has been for awhile now but I haven't mentioned it. Walking is a monumental accomplishment in the life of any little one! It is impressive how quickly a baby changes and develops into a capable toddler, isn't it?

Noteworthy "Maxisms:"

  • He pants like a dog constantly. We taught him the baby sign for doggie and he loves doing it for just about anything. He sticks out his cute tongue and then breaths in and out as if he is hyperventilating. LOVE IT!
  • He plays with my bedside lamp every morning--turning it on and off and while he does it he opens and closes his hand (over and over and over again)...that is the baby sign for light.
  • He takes after Mr. Travolta and grooves out like you have NEVER seen a baby groove--including bobbing his head back and forth, waving his hands in the air and bouncing up and down. It is too funny. His favorite music choice is Lenny Kravitz. This kid is bound to be musical.
  • He is fearless and has a phenomenal pain tolerance (I think he got that from me--haha). This kid has fallen down the stairs from top to bottom--landing on tile at the bottom. He has fallen head first out of a Costco shopping cart and cracked his head open on the cement. He survived his own birth (which is monumental in and of itself)...and he has endured and continues to endure the incessant beatings from his aggressive and not so gentle older brother. Note: I promise I am not a negligent Mother (most of the time, anyway)...if you have boys you understand.
  • He is a cuddler. Often as another day comes to a close he will come up to me and lay his head on my lap for a few seconds and then go back to whatever he was doing. It is SO endearing!
This boy has been a treasure from the very beginning. I think he is desperately trying to make up for being 11.4 pounds at birth! Regardless, he is perfectly precious. I think I'll keep him.

11 comments:

Jared St. Clair said...

I love Max...such a sweet, sweet baby. You are very, very blessed.

Love and miss you!

Jared St. Clair said...

Oh, and that one was from me, Kimberlee

Danielle said...

Oh reading about the shopping cart thing again just made me cringe...

Such a darling boy! I love that he is a cuddler.Is there anything better than that?

Rachel Haack said...

I'm so glad our children are marrying each other.

Right?

Fawn Becker said...

He is getting so big! And, he looks so much like you :)

Fawn Becker said...

I suppose I was being a bit of a brat when I wrote that but..sadly..it cannot be blamed on the big P :) Just a complete lack of sleep for 3.5 years--ha!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love your "I'm not a negligent mother but if you have boys you understand!" THANK YOU! I definitely understand!
Max is a cutie!

The Skeehan Family said...

Love the cuddles, love love love the cuddles. Makes every moment that much better and more worthwhile. A little recharging of the batteries.

Anonymous said...

oh, little max! i have a tender spot for him 'cause he was balm to my baby-hungry soul last thanksgiving. i just snuggled him and snuggled him and i think he gave me good baby vibes 'cause the day i got home -- positive test!

squeeze him for me :)

shannon said...

miss you.

Jared St. Clair said...

Max is an animal. And although Jimmie is a stud in his own right, there is something about little Max. He has a sweetness about him that is undeniable. As a very big baby lover, I would hold that boy all day long if he would let me. Love him and miss him. Can't wait to come see you guys the end of Dec. Please devour every moment your babies are still babies. And I love that you journal about them in such detail. They will love you for it more than they already do.